Windows 10: Why does my usb stick not show?

Discus and support Why does my usb stick not show? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomas Maddever, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Why does my usb stick not show?

This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it just shows 3 dots is thier a way to fix this?

:)

Thomas Maddever, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Chryonn Win User

USB stick shows no items

hi all, i have a 32GB USB memory stick that shows up fine in XP. however when i transfer anything over 2Gb, it shows no items listed as if there's nothing there. but looking at its properties (the pie-chart) it shows there's free space and used space.
    does anyone have this problem or know of any utilities that would allow me to view the used space?

Chryonn, Jun 1, 2023
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 1, 2023
  4. lewy90725 Win User

Why does my usb stick not show?

Chkdsk shows errors after formatting the usb stick

In order to reproduce the problem, I am doing the following steps:

• I put a text file with a single line of text on the usb file.
    • I plug in a USB stick to a PC and in the explorer window I go to the usb stick drive.
    • I double-click on the text file and open it in notepad.
    • I close the notepad.
    • I the explorer I go to the one level up and I click the right button on the USB drive and choose the properties->format.
    • I formatted the disk with default proposed parameters (FAT32).

The disk is empty after formatting. At the command line prompt window, I type the chkdsk and the letter of the USB drive and I am receiving information that errors have been found (Convert lost chains to files (y/n)?).

I checked it with various usb sticks and different systems (Windows 7, 8, 10) and I got the same results.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lewy90725, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Why does my usb stick not show?

1. Why does my usb stick not show? - Similar Threads - Why does usb

2. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work: So, my dad and I have tried basically everything to try and fix this Lenovo laptop. We are basically stuck in a loop. First, it tries to boot from USB stick dual 64 + 32 bit but basically ignores it.Then, it goes to the boot manager which says that windows 10 x64 bit and x 32...
  3. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work: So, my dad and I have tried basically everything to try and fix this Lenovo laptop. We are basically stuck in a loop. First, it tries to boot from USB stick dual 64 + 32 bit but basically ignores it.Then, it goes to the boot manager which says that windows 10 x64 bit and x 32...
  4. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does my usb stick not show?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my usb stick not show?: This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it just shows 3 dots is thier a way to fix this?...
  6. Why does my usb stick not show?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my usb stick not show?: This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it just shows 3 dots is thier a way to fix this?...
  7. laptop does not recognize usb-stick uefi?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop does not recognize usb-stick uefi?: "System doesn't find any usb device" This sentence is there. And I can't open the windows boot manager. Turning off Uefi does not work either. Please I need help. It is an Acer Aspire 3 from 2018/19. I tried to install windows but it does not work. Even with a uefi stick....
  8. USB stick not showing

USB stick not showing: I unplugged my USB as normal and it now doesnt show on the documents. It shows in disk management but not anywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stick-not-showing/f9e68365-a15d-4fe7-b5e8-9aebfdf3941b
  9. USB stick does not show up at all

USB stick does not show up at all: System Specs: Windows 10 home 64bit AMD 2600X ASUS B450-F 16GB 2x8gb 3200Mhz DDR4 ram Nvida EVGA 550 ti C Drive: Samsung 970 pro 500gb Now this is a really odd issue that im coming across. I know for a fact that all my USB ports are functional due to testing other...
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...