Windows 10: why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

Discus and support why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuisAngell, Aug 23, 2019.

1. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

:)

LuisAngell, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Changed Videos folder and can't reset it to default or change it

Thank you for posting back.

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about "How to Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder"
    and try the troubleshooting steps provided there to change the the default location of your Videos folder.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 23, 2019
  4. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

Resolution change problem

Hi Miles,

Booting your computer into safe mode may help resolve the issue. Safe mode will adjust your computer's resolution back to default, thus make your monitor or tv work again. Follow the steps below:

• Power On your PC.
    • Press F8 during the first 10-15 seconds of your computer booting up.
    • Advance Boot Options should load, select Safe Mode.
    • Once in Safe Mode, try adjusting the resolution settings.
    • Restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we suggest using another monitor to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

1. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot? - Similar Threads - why does video

2. My PC changes the screen resolution every time I start YouTube or any video plays but it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC changes the screen resolution every time I start YouTube or any video plays but it...: It's done it since I got it and I can't figure it out. I have a 1660 super. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-changes-the-screen-resolution-every-time-i/81a7e588-919c-4f22-9f4e-63db0cb6f8a7
  3. My PC changes the screen resolution every time I start YouTube or any video plays but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC changes the screen resolution every time I start YouTube or any video plays but it...: It's done it since I got it and I can't figure it out. I have a 1660 super. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-changes-the-screen-resolution-every-time-i/81a7e588-919c-4f22-9f4e-63db0cb6f8a7
  4. My PC changes the screen resolution every time I start YouTube or any video plays but it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC: Hello. I've been having this problem for quite some time now. I usually change the mouse pointer in every laptop or PC I have ever used and this has never happened before. The thing is, when I turn my laptop off then turn it back on again, the pointer goes back to default...
  6. My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC: Hello. I've been having this problem for quite some time now. I usually change the mouse pointer in every laptop or PC I have ever used and this has never happened before. The thing is, when I turn my laptop off then turn it back on again, the pointer goes back to default...
  7. My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jik6tu/why_does_this_happen_when_i_enter_fullscreen_on_a/
  9. Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot.: This is supper annoying. Every time my windows machine is rebooted one of my monitors looses its default resolution of 1600 x 900. The only solution is to shutdown the pc and unplug the monitor and then boot back up and plug the monitor in again to get the correct resolution....
  10. Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...: The question title pretty much says it all. And it is not just me. Happens to many people. And always the ONLY Default that changes. Is there no way to permanently LOCK my preferred DEFAULTS and stop changes unless "I" make them?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resolution changes to 4k everytime