Windows 10: Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders?

Discus and support Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We both have Microsoft personal accounts and "work or school" accounts. OneDrive is under my personal account, where we have our Office subscription... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wburychka, Nov 5, 2020.

1. wburychka Win User

Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders?

We both have Microsoft personal accounts and "work or school" accounts. OneDrive is under my personal account, where we have our Office subscription for the Office suite of programs. That is supposed to include, if I understand correctly rarely a valid assumption with Microsoft, I know, a 1TB OneDrive for each of five users. Well we have only two users.

My wife's computer logs on with her email address and Microsoft account. Her OneDrive, though, shows all the folders from my OneDrive, although the contents are not visible. Is there a way for her to start from scratch with a new OneDrive containing only folders on her computer? I plead for your help here, as we are on the verge of cancelling everything from Microsoft except Windows...and we're even thinking about that, too. Apple is looking more attractive every day!

:)

wburychka, Nov 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders? - Similar Threads - Why does wife's

2. Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive: Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-not-does-not-shows-on-my-desktop-i-save-it/57c4452a-64e1-4444-9c97-8a40a8db6b80
  3. Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive: Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-not-does-not-shows-on-my-desktop-i-save-it/57c4452a-64e1-4444-9c97-8a40a8db6b80
  4. Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?: Hi all,New laptop, OS language is English. Just started a OneDrive backup, and the "Documents" library was changed to "Dokumenty". Any idea why? other libraries' names didn't change.Can I manually change it back to Documents?Thanks!...
  6. Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?

Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?: Hi all,New laptop, OS language is English. Just started a OneDrive backup, and the "Documents" library was changed to "Dokumenty". Any idea why? other libraries' names didn't change.Can I manually change it back to Documents?Thanks!...
  7. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  8. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  9. Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...: I am sickened by the fact that all of my info is on one drive and if i unsync or unlink my pc my entire desktop still shows up in the Onedrive path! I do not want it in the Onedrive path. I used to go C:\Users\user\Desktop ...now i have to go to...
  10. OneDrive removes my folders!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive removes my folders!!: Hi; I noticed that Onedrive on Win 10 sync all my Desktop and Documents. So I go to setting and remove those folders from syncing, but both of them gone, they are available just online, if I restore them there was a red cross on OneDrive that there were files do not sync....