Windows 10: Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

Discus and support Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion. many reboots, and changes, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Freeze69, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Freeze69 Win User

Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion.

many reboots, and changes, my laptop still goes to lock screen after 1-2 minutes. Please help!

:)

Freeze69, Aug 9, 2018

2. Screen gets locked when idle for 1 min

Original title: Display idle time

upgraded to windows 10 now display idle time too short. It lock the screen when idle for 1 min.

RichAubert, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

1. Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins? - Similar Threads - Why does Win10

2. Why does my cursor always go to the bottom line on the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cursor always go to the bottom line on the screen?: I thought the problem was an 'old' Logitech Mouse but a brand new had the same issues. When there is a full page of emails, I click on the top one, Open and read, but the cursor has gone to the email at the bottom of the screen page? It is beyond annoying and wastes so much...
  3. Why does my cursor always go to the bottom line on the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my cursor always go to the bottom line on the screen?: I thought the problem was an 'old' Logitech Mouse but a brand new had the same issues. When there is a full page of emails, I click on the top one, Open and read, but the cursor has gone to the email at the bottom of the screen page? It is beyond annoying and wastes so much...
  4. Why does my cursor always go to the bottom line on the screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?: For years I've seen an issue where after unlocking a locked screen all my apps perform exceptionally slowly. Particular Teams, Outlook, Word, Even Excel, PowerPoint and Chrome can slow right down.Its as if the OS has gone into power save mode during screen lock, but then...
  6. Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?: For years I've seen an issue where after unlocking a locked screen all my apps perform exceptionally slowly. Particular Teams, Outlook, Word, Even Excel, PowerPoint and Chrome can slow right down.Its as if the OS has gone into power save mode during screen lock, but then...
  7. My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins: I don't know why but in the last 2 days my PC has been repeatedly locking itself like I have some sleep or hibernate function on. I have every single one of them turned off. I even went into the registry to find a hidden one and turned that one off. It's still doing this and...
  8. my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity: screen is only set to turn off after 3 hours and the rest are disabled (Dynamic Lock, screen savers and power setting options) submitted by /u/koorio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkrigd/my_win10_locks_to_sign_in_screen_after_1_or_2/
  9. No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.: Hey guys, this problem has been draining my sanity for a long time. My working laptop goes to lock screen/ black screen every time Im idle for longer than 1 or 2 minutes.. the problem is.. That everything in POWER SETTINGS, REGISTRY and SCREEN SAVING is set to NEVER. Ive...
  10. Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!: Hi. I'm running an oficial W10 Pro on a 2 year old Acer and have two problems. If I turn my back for more that about 2 minutes, to answer phone or fetch a brew.....or just write something, my screen reverts to the lock screen and requires a PIN to open up again. This is...