Windows 10: why does my windows 10 auto-update cause internet connect failure?

Discus and support why does my windows 10 auto-update cause internet connect failure? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; shouldn't MS figure out a way to inform users this may happen? I have a 6 mth old ASUS desktop that came with Win 10 pre-installed and this update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jp4120, Sep 15, 2016.

1. jp4120 Win User

why does my windows 10 auto-update cause internet connect failure?

shouldn't MS figure out a way to inform users this may happen?
    I have a 6 mth old ASUS desktop that came with Win 10 pre-installed and this update issues is friggin annoying and gives the consumer zero warning or advance notice.
    any info on how to fix this quickly?

:)

jp4120, Sep 15, 2016

2. windows auto update

why windows updating daily , its irritating me , as I had limited internet data and by this auto update my internet data exhausted quickly. windows 10 feature update downloaded 2 times but failed to install its says. my data and time killing its very bad
    , why there is no option for auto-update off, as windows7 is far better than windows10, windows 10 is slow in opening its application, very bad and worst experience for me to using windows 10.

NavinKumar1, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Auto Disconnect.

Hi,

Auto disconnect App

Is it me or does anyone else find this app cause internet connection to drop/fail ?

bandofbrothers---01, Sep 15, 2016
  4. why does my windows 10 auto-update cause internet connect failure?

Do you have to put the router password in again to get connected?

digitalcurisity, Sep 15, 2016
  5. jp4120 Win User
    I solved it by following some instructions i found via google search.
    windows key & X - from command prompt reset winsock entries and reset TCP/IP stack
    when I rebooted it hung for 30 minutes....then I powered off.....powered on....everything works now (including connection to wifi)
    so alls well that ends well

jp4120, Sep 15, 2016
  6. I have three older ASUS computers all now running Win10, one has a small problem of needing to be logged out and logged back in so the bottom screen menu can be used.
    I wonder just how many others have the problem you had.

digitalcurisity, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

why does my windows 10 auto-update cause internet connect failure?

1. why does my windows 10 auto-update cause internet connect failure? - Similar Threads - why does auto

2. My internet connection does not auto connect sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet connection does not auto connect sometimes.: When I am walking around my school, there is multiple zones of internet. This is a problem since with my computer, an Acer Swift X idk which one, it has a RTX 3050 and a 5600u. does not connect to the zones at all. I am rarely walking around while on my computer, if at all,...
  3. My internet connection does not auto connect sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet connection does not auto connect sometimes.: When I am walking around my school, there is multiple zones of internet. This is a problem since with my computer, an Acer Swift X idk which one, it has a RTX 3050 and a 5600u. does not connect to the zones at all. I am rarely walking around while on my computer, if at all,...
  4. Why does last update not finish and causes computer failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does last update not finish and causes computer failure?: Last update was very slow and did not finish. Stopped and then screen filled with blue and green squares and has been unusable since. Happened before during an update and I was forced to pay to get tech help to fix. This is very bad and seems like forced obsolescence!!!...
  5. Why does last update not finish and causes computer failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does last update not finish and causes computer failure?: Last update was very slow and did not finish. Stopped and then screen filled with blue and green squares and has been unusable since. Happened before during an update and I was forced to pay to get tech help to fix. This is very bad and seems like forced obsolescence!!!...
  6. Why does last update not finish and causes computer failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why does my connection say No internet, secured

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my connection say No internet, secured: I had just reset my router because I couldn't connect to my classes, and when i try to reconnect it redirects me to google where it says " The Wi-Fi you are using may require you to visit its login page" anyone know why this keeps happening? submitted by /u/Lil-Pasta...
  8. Windows 10 causing intermitent internet failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 causing intermitent internet failure: Windows 10, version 20H2 Ever since installing this update and the others along with it my computer has suffered from repeated and random disconnects from the internet where the computer loses sight of all available networks briefly before returning to normal. I at first...
  9. Why does windows keeps auto updating?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows keeps auto updating?: Hi, I am using windows 10 Home edition on my HP laptop. I have disabled windows 10 auto updates because it messes with my internet during online classes. Even so, it keeps on updating in the background. I use metered connection but still it updates. I have made sure that it...
  10. Internet Connectivity Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connectivity Failure: For over a year my PC has experienced intermittent connectivity issues. I am using a WiFi adapter, the computer is in the basement while the router is on the second floor. I do not believe this is a WiFi signal issue because my device is the only one experiencing these...