Windows 10: Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup

Discus and support Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 sometimes starts up with everything extremely slow. I tried opening internet browser and task manager. Both are taking forever to slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Terryomy, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Terryomy Win User

Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup

My windows 10 sometimes starts up with everything extremely slow. I tried opening internet browser and task manager. Both are taking forever to slow and it would then freezes without loading anything. I've had so many hard reboots before due to this problem. This problem will later cause the blue screen of dead because each hard reboot crashes some system files. I've checked online with every solutions to scan system files right click C: @ "This PC" and command prompt with admin right and repair start up files. I've never found any files that are corrupted until the real BSOD shows up later. I've done numerous clean system resets to start all over again, but seems like the problems are starting to show up again. What can I do? I've also bought a brand new SSD just in case my old SSD had any bad sector or whatever really? SSD doesn't have a disc.

:)

Terryomy, Sep 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup

Windows 10 reboot Freezes on the ASUS logo with the loading circle.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Does the computer freezes for long time, more than 10min?
    This issue may occur, due to the Display driver’s corruption. Since you are able to get into the Desktop screen I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to Disconnect all he external devices connected to the computer. This is to check if the issue is conflicted to the external devices.

Also install all the Windows pending updates.

I suggest you to
    install the updates again, and restart the computer.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.

Method 2: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.

Method 3: I suggest you to
    install
    drivers, also install Windows 10 chipset drivers from the same link and check.

I suggest you to go to the motherboard manufacturer website and download/install all the devices driver.

X99-DELUXE Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS India

Also, install the updated graphic driver from the manufacturer website.

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980DC2OC4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

Since the computer freezes while booting and as it take too long time to boot to desktop screen, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method 4:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup

1. Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup - Similar Threads - Why does freezes

2. Why does my screen keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen keep freezing?: I dont know if i have too old computer parts, but what happens is basically that randomly, for a few seconds my mouse starts lagging, my apps zooms out and everything freezes for about 3-5 seconds before returning back to normal, is this becuase of outdated parts or too high...
  3. Why does my screen keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my screen keep freezing?: I dont know if i have too old computer parts, but what happens is basically that randomly, for a few seconds my mouse starts lagging, my apps zooms out and everything freezes for about 3-5 seconds before returning back to normal, is this becuase of outdated parts or too high...
  4. Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?: Hi there,I have recently built my own pc with my brother and I have the following:MSI Meg z690 unify motherboardIntel core I9 12900k16gb Kingston ram 248gb SSD2tb storage750W power supplyAsus 3070 graphics cardFirstly I have downloaded windows 10 from my laptop and put it...
  5. Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?

Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?: Hi there,I have recently built my own pc with my brother and I have the following:MSI Meg z690 unify motherboardIntel core I9 12900k16gb Kingston ram 248gb SSD2tb storage750W power supplyAsus 3070 graphics cardFirstly I have downloaded windows 10 from my laptop and put it...
  6. Why does windows 10 freeze on startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 freezing on startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezing on startup screen: Windows 10 sometimes freezes on startup see attached image and the only thing that will make the computer boot up normally is turning the power switch on the back of the tower off, unplugging the power cable, plugging it back in and then turning the computer on again.How do I...
  8. Windows 10 freezing on startup screen

Windows 10 freezing on startup screen: Windows 10 sometimes freezes on startup see attached image and the only thing that will make the computer boot up normally is turning the power switch on the back of the tower off, unplugging the power cable, plugging it back in and then turning the computer on again.How do I...
  9. Windows 10 freezing on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. freezes Windows on desktop screen not in startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    freezes Windows on desktop screen not in startup screen: I just assembled a new gaming pc, then after playing the game for a few hours I got stuck/freezes on the windows home screen or desktop, there was a loss of interaction from the cursor, ctrl+alt+del, the rgb keyboard couldn't move at all, there was no interaction. then i...