Windows 10: why does my windows 10 keep asking me to update - being going on now for a wek

Discus and support why does my windows 10 keep asking me to update - being going on now for a wek in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I update and restart only to be told to update again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carol-AnnSevitt, Oct 6, 2019.

1. why does my windows 10 keep asking me to update - being going on now for a wek

I update and restart only to be told to update again.

:)

Carol-AnnSevitt, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

why does my windows 10 keep asking me to update - being going on now for a wek

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

why does my windows 10 keep asking me to update - being going on now for a wek

1. why does my windows 10 keep asking me to update - being going on now for a wek - Similar Threads - why does keep

2. Why does my volume keep going down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my volume keep going down?: Im not sure what happened but yesterday my volume started messing up after updating my computer, my windows volume is at 100% and when i go on youtube it sounds like it at 100% for about one second before turning down to about 30% but the volume button isnt physically going...
  3. Why does my volume keep going down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my volume keep going down?: Im not sure what happened but yesterday my volume started messing up after updating my computer, my windows volume is at 100% and when i go on youtube it sounds like it at 100% for about one second before turning down to about 30% but the volume button isnt physically going...
  4. Why does my system keep going to sleep?

Why does my system keep going to sleep?: I have the following settings:When plugged in, put my device to sleep after: NeverWhen I close the lid: Do NothingI keep my laptop powered on, and close the lid. It keeps running until 4:00am, where I get the following in my event viewer:Log Name: System Source:...
  5. Why does my system keep going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my system keep going to sleep?: I have the following settings:When plugged in, put my device to sleep after: NeverWhen I close the lid: Do NothingI keep my laptop powered on, and close the lid. It keeps running until 4:00am, where I get the following in my event viewer:Log Name: System Source:...
  6. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  7. Asked me for a password after the update, now I can’t go in my PC.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asked me for a password after the update, now I can’t go in my PC.: I don’t understand what’s happening and everything’s starting to get in my nerves. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asked-me-for-a-password-after-the-update-now-i/9ab2beb3-c785-419c-b5f9-c445cf095d69
  8. Asked me for a password after the update, now I can’t go in my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asked me for a password after the update, now I can’t go in my PC.: I don’t understand what’s happening and everything’s starting to get in my nerves. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asked-me-for-a-password-after-the-update-now-i/9ab2beb3-c785-419c-b5f9-c445cf095d69
  9. Asked me for a password after the update, now I can’t go in my PC.

10. Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?: Its one of those security and maintenance alerts that pops up in the action center every time I restart. When I click it takes me to settings but I've already verified my ID so there doesn't seem to be anything to do. I'd appreciate any ideas... 43307