Windows 10: Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network?

Discus and support Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I searched google and all it would bring up was people’s pcs had forgotten their wifi password. Mine drama is a little bit different. My pc keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aaron_0105, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network?

I searched google and all it would bring up was people’s pcs had forgotten their wifi password. Mine drama is a little bit different.
    My pc keeps forgetting my home network. All my other devices are still connected and the network is up and running. When I open the wifi list mine isn’t there and to reconnect to it I have to close the list, turn on my mobile hotspot, connect to it, close the list, open it again and only then does my wifi show up on the list and I can reconnect to it.
    Then sometimes it’ll stay connected and other times I’ll have to redo the procedure a couple of times an hour.
    I’m using Dell with Windows 10 64 bit with 8gb of ram. Dell wireless 1705 802.11 2.4GHZ

Any suggestions.

:)

aaron_0105, Sep 18, 2020

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Sep 18, 2020
  3. i accidentally clicked on "forget this connection". How to recover it on windows 10

Hi Liau,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    recovering to wireless network on Windows 10.

This issue might occur if saved wireless network is removed the network list.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "forget this connection", are you referring that you have clicked on forget this connection option for the save wireless network? Have you tried to save the network again?

If you are trying to automatically connect to wireless network connection or save a network, then I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on network icon in the Taskbar.

2. Then click on the wireless network which you want to connect.

3. Check mark on Connect automatically and then click on
    Connect
    button.

Please get back to us with an update on recovering network
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network?

Phillip Roos, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network?

1. Why does my Windows 10 keep forgetting my network? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. Why does windows 10 keep forgetting my Blackwire headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows 10 keep forgetting my Blackwire headset?: I use a Poly Blackwire 3300 USB headset for my work computer a Thinkpad laptop, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U, but every few days the headset will just stop working. I log on in the morning like usual but all sound will be coming directly from the laptop, not the...
  3. Why does windows 10 keep forgetting my Blackwire headset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows 10 keep forgetting my Blackwire headset?: I use a Poly Blackwire 3300 USB headset for my work computer a Thinkpad laptop, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U, but every few days the headset will just stop working. I log on in the morning like usual but all sound will be coming directly from the laptop, not the...
  4. Why does windows 10 keep forgetting my Blackwire headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my windows 11 regularly forget my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my windows 11 regularly forget my keyboard?: I despise from the bottom of my guts the default US keyboard that skips the first input of the quote symbol. It's the most frustrating feature from all software.THE BUG IS AROUND FOR YEARSEvery time it randomly happens, once a few months, I have to search Google, NOT Bing,...
  6. Why does my windows 11 regularly forget my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows 11 regularly forget my keyboard?: I despise from the bottom of my guts the default US keyboard that skips the first input of the quote symbol. It's the most frustrating feature from all software.THE BUG IS AROUND FOR YEARSEvery time it randomly happens, once a few months, I have to search Google, NOT Bing,...
  7. My windows keep forgetting a specific driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows keep forgetting a specific driver.: Hello,I have an issue with my windows.I have an Asus notebook which already has a driver for wifi namely, Name: "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter" Driver Date: 26/06/2016Version: 3.0.2.201Well, the issue is that my PC sometimes forgets this specific driver. It...
  8. Why does Microsoft keep forgetting my OneDrive password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep forgetting my OneDrive password?: Every two days suddenly I am asked to enter my OneDrive password and it's rejected. When I try to change it I'm told that password has already been used. Considering I've been forced to change it 5 times in the last 10 days I'm running out of password ideas. At some point...
  9. why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they...: why can't I see all my networks in manage my networks. unable to delete (forget?) as they don't show there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-all-my-networks-in-manage-my/5ef10bea-fa74-4f0b-b73e-b40edadedecb
  10. Windows 10 keeps forgetting my icon thumbnails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keeps forgetting my icon thumbnails: So I go into a folder, and all the thumbnails load up slowly. Then you expect it's built up the cache so next time you go in it's instant, right? Nope! All forgotten. Every single time I go into a folder it's reset. I tried deleting to rebuild the cache DB files but...