Windows 10: Why does my Windows 10 suddenly become inoperable?

Discus and support Why does my Windows 10 suddenly become inoperable? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For no apparent reason, suddenly I am unable to open I.E. or close it for a restart. With no open windows, it just freezes up entirely. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TD Blitz, Aug 10, 2018.

1. TD Blitz Win User

Why does my Windows 10 suddenly become inoperable?

For no apparent reason, suddenly I am unable to open I.E. or close it for a restart. With no open windows, it just freezes up entirely. This has happened several times recently. The only way I can remedy it that I am aware of is by forcing my laptop to shut down by powering it off with the power button. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is occurring or how to remedy it without powering it off and risking harm to the PC itself or losing saved data?

:)

TD Blitz, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 10, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. Why does my Windows 10 suddenly become inoperable? - Similar Threads - Why does suddenly

2. Why does my audio become low quality?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my audio become low quality?: When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding like someone is using a children's toy in an echoey room. Has anyone else encountered this issue and were you able to fix it?...
  3. Why does my audio become low quality?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my audio become low quality?: When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding like someone is using a children's toy in an echoey room. Has anyone else encountered this issue and were you able to fix it?...
  4. Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?: This started about a week ago, I'll be playing a game or something and all of a sudden everything will become delayed by about a second and my mouse will almost freeze completely. It happens every once in a while but last for about 3 to 5 seconds and really gets in the way...
  5. Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?

Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?: This started about a week ago, I'll be playing a game or something and all of a sudden everything will become delayed by about a second and my mouse will almost freeze completely. It happens every once in a while but last for about 3 to 5 seconds and really gets in the way...
  6. Why did Windows 11 suddenly become slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows 11 suddenly become slow?: I received notification from Windows a few months ago and upgraded to Windows 11. It was fast and smooth in the beginning, but in the last two-three weeks, it has become significantly slow. It annoys me a lot, simply file browsing has been painful. It takes forever to open a...
  7. Why did Windows 11 suddenly become slow?

Why did Windows 11 suddenly become slow?: I received notification from Windows a few months ago and upgraded to Windows 11. It was fast and smooth in the beginning, but in the last two-three weeks, it has become significantly slow. It annoys me a lot, simply file browsing has been painful. It takes forever to open a...
  8. Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?

Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?: One of the family computers has Windows 10S installed, and suddenly most of the document files on that computer cannot be found. The Systems Storage setting shows a document holding of 31gb with a multitude of files as implied by the size, but File Explorer and Word etc only...
  9. Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?: One of the family computers has Windows 10S installed, and suddenly most of the document files on that computer cannot be found. The Systems Storage setting shows a document holding of 31gb with a multitude of files as implied by the size, but File Explorer and Word etc only...
  10. Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 inoperable slow download