Windows 10: why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

Discus and support why does my windows explorer keeps freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when I open my folders, explorer keeps freezing. I have restarted the computer several times, but this does not seem to help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brenda King1, Aug 17, 2022.

1. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

when I open my folders, explorer keeps freezing. I have restarted the computer several times, but this does not seem to help.

:)

Brenda King1, Aug 17, 2022

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    window file explorer freezes while black strip comes above the explorer window

Hi Sunny,

Windows Explorer freezes may be due to third-party programs or virus infection. As an initial troubleshooting step, temporarily disable your antivirus programs. After that, replicate the issue if it will freeze. You can enable your antivirus program after
    we troubleshoot.

If the issue persists, you can try refreshing/restarting Windows Explorer by following these steps:

• Open Task Manager by typing it in the Cortana search bar, then press Enter.
    • Look for Windows Explorer, then right-click it and select End task.
    • The taskbar will disappear at the bottom of your screen.
    • On the Task Manager, look for any installed application like your browser.
    • Right-click it and select the Open file location. A new window will appear.
    • Click the File tab and select Open Windows Powershell, then select Open Windows Powershell as administrator.
    • Type in explorer.exe and press Enter.

It should put the taskbar back at the bottom of your screen. Check if it will freeze again.

Keep us posted after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Aug 17, 2022
  4. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

1. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing - Similar Threads - why does explorer

2. Why does my screen keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen keep freezing?: I dont know if i have too old computer parts, but what happens is basically that randomly, for a few seconds my mouse starts lagging, my apps zooms out and everything freezes for about 3-5 seconds before returning back to normal, is this becuase of outdated parts or too high...
  3. Why does my screen keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my screen keep freezing?: I dont know if i have too old computer parts, but what happens is basically that randomly, for a few seconds my mouse starts lagging, my apps zooms out and everything freezes for about 3-5 seconds before returning back to normal, is this becuase of outdated parts or too high...
  4. Why does my cursor keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cursor keep freezing?: I want to know why my computer cursor keeps freezing and lagging. For context my computer works perfectly when writing on word but I just can’t move my cursor but can type perfectly . I have updated my mouse drivers multiple times but if doesn’t seem to work can someone...
  5. Why does my keyboard keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard keep freezing?: Hi there, have been playing games on my new lenovo gaming latpop and every now and then the keyboard wont accept inputs and i'll be stuck unable to move in a game but i can still look around.The same keeps happening to my flightstick.I've tried uninstalling drivers but it...
  6. Why does my keyboard keep freezing?

Why does my keyboard keep freezing?: Hi there, have been playing games on my new lenovo gaming latpop and every now and then the keyboard wont accept inputs and i'll be stuck unable to move in a game but i can still look around.The same keeps happening to my flightstick.I've tried uninstalling drivers but it...
  7. Why does my laptop keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop keep freezing?: Recently, my laptop has been freezing intermittently without warning or any error message. It happens every couple of days and rebooting resolves the issue until it happens again. Here is a shot of my sysinfo:I realize this isn't much to go on, but I don't know enough about...
  8. Why does my laptop keep freezing?

Why does my laptop keep freezing?: Recently, my laptop has been freezing intermittently without warning or any error message. It happens every couple of days and rebooting resolves the issue until it happens again. Here is a shot of my sysinfo:I realize this isn't much to go on, but I don't know enough about...
  9. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does my windows explorer keeps freezing: when I open my folders, explorer keeps freezing. I have restarted the computer several times, but this does not seem to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-explorer-keeps-freezing/22627587-a7cd-4399-aff6-20675c71f0b9
  10. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

why does my windows explorer keeps freezing: when I open my folders, explorer keeps freezing. I have restarted the computer several times, but this does not seem to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-explorer-keeps-freezing/22627587-a7cd-4399-aff6-20675c71f0b9