Windows 10: Why does my windows key only work until I open a game?

Discus and support Why does my windows key only work until I open a game? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried many things, game mode is off, both on the computer and on the keyboard. I have a logitech g213 if that's relevant. It works fine on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thilo Overland, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Why does my windows key only work until I open a game?

I have tried many things, game mode is off, both on the computer and on the keyboard. I have a logitech g213 if that's relevant. It works fine on any application, but it automatically stops working when I open a game. The games I have tried are Minecraft and Valorant.

:)

Thilo Overland, Feb 1, 2023

2. Audio drivers not working in windows 10(z170 gaming pro)

Hi Mandeep,

Sorry for the delayed response.

• What do you mean when you say "front jack is not working getting noise in that?"
    • Can you hear sound through earphones or external Speakers?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager (Windows key + letter 'X').
    • Click on the option View over the top and choose Show Hidden Devices.
    • Expand "Sound, Video and Game Controllers."
    • Delete the drivers that are greyed out.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Why does my windows key only work until I open a game?

Arrow Keys and Spacebar Not Working in Games

Hello,

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Are the arrow keys and spacebar key working fine other than online and steam games?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you face this issue in all online games and steam games?
    • Have you checked if there are settings to change the controls in the game?

You may try the hardware troubleshooter and check if this helps.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Why does my windows key only work until I open a game?

1. Why does my windows key only work until I open a game? - Similar Threads - Why does key

2. Why does my bitlocker key not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my bitlocker key not work?: Hi My computer has stopped working. I have found my bitlocker key, but it does not work.What can I do?RegardsKim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-bitlocker-key-not-work/7786310a-8d3e-4abe-90f2-2282893a1bcb
  3. Why does my bitlocker key not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my bitlocker key not work?: Hi My computer has stopped working. I have found my bitlocker key, but it does not work.What can I do?RegardsKim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-bitlocker-key-not-work/7786310a-8d3e-4abe-90f2-2282893a1bcb
  4. Why does my mouse only work on one window

Why does my mouse only work on one window: Recently I had opened my mouse to take a look inside just for fun, after I had put it back together my mouse started to only work on one window if I tried to switch windows I wouldn't be able to do anything on that window I switched to so I can only use one window at a time...
  5. Why does my windows key only work until I open a game?

Why does my windows key only work until I open a game?: I have tried many things, game mode is off, both on the computer and on the keyboard. I have a logitech g213 if that's relevant. It works fine on any application, but it automatically stops working when I open a game. The games I have tried are Minecraft and Valorant....
  6. Why does my security key not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my security key not work?: Tried using the security key to sign in to Microsoft.A Pop-up appeared stating Security key cannot be used, try another one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-security-key-not-work/2c98a867-fa42-4677-ab46-397095afbfa9
  7. Why does my security key not work?

Why does my security key not work?: Tried using the security key to sign in to Microsoft.A Pop-up appeared stating Security key cannot be used, try another one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-security-key-not-work/2c98a867-fa42-4677-ab46-397095afbfa9
  8. Why does my security key not work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. A game won't open until I restart my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A game won't open until I restart my pc.: It doesn't happen to all of my games, only with one actually. I click on the game and the only thing it does is showing the loading circle but it goes away a second later and nothing else. It then opens when I restart my pc. It happened to another game a while ago but it's...
  10. A game won't open until I restart my pc.

A game won't open until I restart my pc.: It doesn't happen to all of my games, only with one actually. I click on the game and the only thing it does is showing the loading circle but it goes away a second later and nothing else. It then opens when I restart my pc. It happened to another game a while ago but it's...