Windows 10: Why does my windows search open into a separate tab instead of appearing in the start menu?

Discus and support Why does my windows search open into a separate tab instead of appearing in the start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/REABETSWE23 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/REABETSWE23, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Why does my windows search open into a separate tab instead of appearing in the start menu?

/u/REABETSWE23, Jan 20, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Mehns Win User
    Start Menu Appearance On Open

Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you provide.

My question is can I make the Start Menu open up like what is shown in the image below, instead of the long list of programs down the left side?

Thank you

Why does my windows search open into a separate tab instead of appearing in the start menu? [​IMG]

Mehns, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Why does my windows search open into a separate tab instead of appearing in the start menu?

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Why does my windows search open into a separate tab instead of appearing in the start menu?

1. Why does my windows search open into a separate tab instead of appearing in the start menu? - Similar Threads - Why does search

2. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f https://preview.redd.it/ynk9qyigtbra1.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=062ee9ea000bac08e84f0c9dccf322f553c0b38b...
  3. Insert Separator into Open Shell Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insert Separator into Open Shell Start Menu?: Windows 10 20H2 I'm not sure how to check the version number of Open Shell that's running on my system. In the help file it says "Version 4.3.1 general release." I'd like to insert a separator line into the Open Shell Start Menu. I was warned against posting in the Open Shell...
  4. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  5. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

in Cortana
    Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  6. My start menu does not appear

My start menu does not appear: [ATTACH] When I click Start Menu Button the tiles / start menu does not pop up. Only the search options appear as you see in the picture. Does anyone know a solution to get my start menu back ? Thank you in advance...
  7. Start Menu does not appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu does not appear: Hello, Start Menu does not appear when users click on Windows Icon at desktop Screen. Could anyone suggest what could be the issue. This has been a general problem in windows 10 Regards, Rakesh...
  8. Windows start menu does not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu does not open: I am experiencing issue with Windows 10, that windows menu does not open on windows click nor on the Win key. Unlike of the older similar thread however, everything else works, including right-mouse button, pinned applications, etc - only start menu does not open. On first...
  9. Start Menu Appearance On Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Appearance On Open: Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you provide. My question is can I make the Start Menu open up like what is shown in the image below, instead of the long list of...
  10. Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu does not open sometimes or search bugged.: After starting my PC, sometimes my start menu does not open. And even if it did then the search function doesn't work. Like if I open the start menu and type "a" then the start menu it goes full black with 4 blue dots at it's top moving left to right indicating that it is...