Windows 10: Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version

Discus and support Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows keeps prompting me with a mandatory update that must be scheduled. However, when I let it update, not only does it take nearly 30 minutes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adams266, Sep 17, 2019.

1. adams266 Win User

Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version

Windows keeps prompting me with a mandatory update that must be scheduled. However, when I let it update, not only does it take nearly 30 minutes to complete, but it reverts me back to the previous version of windows at the end... Then, once I use my computer again, it prompts me to do the same update over again.

This has become an endless cycle for the past month or so... If I try to ignore the update, it will eventually happen automatically and sign me out of my computer...

Could I please get some help so this never happens again?

:)

adams266, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows keeps reverting back to previous version.

Hi Josh,

The issue with Windows 10 update reverting back to previous version could be due to corruption in Windows Update component files.

We would like to ask some information to better assist you with your concern:

• Which previous build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

We suggest that you try to run
    Windows update troubleshooter
    and check if it works.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Sep 17, 2019
  3. won't update. returns to previous

I have dual boot. insiders won't boot and 1o won't update. after waiting it fails and returns to previous version. last 5 updates

rickwulfe., Sep 17, 2019
  4. Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version

erase previous version of windows to create space

Perform the steps to delete previous version of windows :-

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings, then choose it from the list of results.

• Select System > Storage > This PC and then scroll down the list and choose Temporary file
    • Under Remove temporary files, select the Previous version of Windows check box and then choose Remove files.

Sanghati Barman, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version

1. Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version - Similar Threads - Why Does Update

2. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  3. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  4. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10: When returning my Windows 10 ver. 20H2 back to previous ver.1909, it shows a blue screen with the heading “Automatic Repair” and telling me “Your PC didn't start correctly. Press Restart to restart ur pc to fix the problem. U can also press Advanced options to try other...
  6. has someone already returned to a previous version of windows??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    has someone already returned to a previous version of windows??: I´m having some problems with my audio since I updated to Windows 10 2004 , 5 or 6 days ago. I saw some videos and there they tell that you could lose some data or have to reinstall some programs. What kind of data have you lost? submitted by /u/miguelfcv [link]...
  7. Windows update keeps reverting back to previous version

Windows update keeps reverting back to previous version: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop , it is at Version10 1709 . I have been trying to update it for a while . I tried the built in update then the Windows 10 update assistant . I tried even using the Media creation tool to burn a CD and run the update from there ....
  8. Why does my computer want to Delete my Previous Version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer want to Delete my Previous Version of Windows?: [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 and I keep getting this message popping up on my computer. It says my computer is running low on storage. We can free up some space by deleting your previous version of Windows. Warning: You won't be able to get back to it. My C Drive is...
  9. Why does "search for updates" never return?

Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  10. Failure to Return to Previous Windows 10 Version

Failure to Return to Previous Windows 10 Version: I have an Acer SW5-014 running Windows 10. Automatic updates require an additional USB drive during the process. When the update fails the previous edition is restored. This is very frustrating but auto update cannot be switched off. On the latest occasion, the previous...