Windows 10: Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

Discus and support Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently hooked up an Epson ES-580W scanner and got it to work wirelessly. However, after a few minutes, the scanner goes to sleep and when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by southofmotown, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

I recently hooked up an Epson ES-580W scanner and got it to work wirelessly. However, after a few minutes, the scanner goes to sleep and when I try to scan again, it is no longer connected wirelessly. I have to restart my computer and the scanner in order to get it to work again for a short time. I hooked the scanner up to another computer also using Windows 10 and it works fine: it does not disconnect. So why is it not working on the one computer? Thank you for any tips.

:)

southofmotown, Feb 22, 2021

2. iScanAir wireless scanner-Win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that the scanner is incompatible with Windows 10. So, I suggest you to install the drivers for the device in compatibility mode by following the steps:

• Download the setup files for the driver from the manufacturer website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Wireless Printer/Scanner

Hi

I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion.

Wallace MK, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

1. Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping? - Similar Threads - Why does wireless

2. My wireless mouse keeps stuttering and idk why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My wireless mouse keeps stuttering and idk why: For some reason my wireless mouse keeps stuttering and moves in slow motion every now and again. It happens every couple of minutes and has really only started happening recently. I’ve looked up and tried some troubleshooting solutions, but to no avail. I’m thinking maybe it...
  3. Why does my computer keep crashing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer keep crashing?: my friend had given me his gaming pc when he got a better one, its not fancy but when he had it everything was fine for him, but he shipped it to me and he had to keep the hard drive for the new computer so I went out and bought a 1 tb hard drive, and had me download the...
  4. Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name?: Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows on a new M.2 SSD lovely speed :D and I am wondering at something. I login with thomas@****.** which is the email account my Microsoft account is linked to. Everything is working fine, by the way. But the local account Windows...
  5. Why does my fortnite keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my fortnite keep crashing?: When i join fortnite and in a period of time i crash what can i do to fix it? I have been reinstalling it 145403
  6. Why does my fortnite keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does my fortnite keep crashing?: When i join fortnite and in a period of time i crash what can i do to fix it? 145403
  7. wireless scanner problems.....

in Windows 10 Support
    wireless scanner problems.....: Hey all, I recently reinstalled windows 10 and connected wirelessly to my printer/scanner (HP 7160) It seemed to connect fine at first, I downloaded windows scan and scanned a couple things. That's all fine and dandy, I didn't like the software so downloaded some open source...
  8. Wireless Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Printer/Scanner: Hi I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printerscanner/276e31d6-2d16-458f-a679-073c35b39444
  9. Why Does this keep happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Does this keep happening: I was trying to reset my laptop and when I went to reboot it I got a message saying why did my PC restart. I'm plugged in, I am on WiFi, but it keeps happening. I tried booting into safe mode but a pop-up said that there was problems booting in safe mode so it put me back to...
  10. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer: Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/5139b993-fcab-411b-861c-d646362a7818