Windows 10: Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

Discus and support Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently hooked up an Epson ES-580W scanner and got it to work wirelessly. However, after a few minutes, the scanner goes to sleep and when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by southofmotown, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

I recently hooked up an Epson ES-580W scanner and got it to work wirelessly. However, after a few minutes, the scanner goes to sleep and when I try to scan again, it is no longer connected wirelessly. I have to restart my computer and the scanner in order to get it to work again for a short time. I hooked the scanner up to another computer also using Windows 10 and it works fine: it does not disconnect. So why is it not working on the one computer? Thank you for any tips.

:)

southofmotown, Feb 22, 2021

2. iScanAir wireless scanner-Win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that the scanner is incompatible with Windows 10. So, I suggest you to install the drivers for the device in compatibility mode by following the steps:

• Download the setup files for the driver from the manufacturer website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Wireless Printer/Scanner

Hi

I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion.

Wallace MK, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

1. Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping? - Similar Threads - Why does wireless

2. Why does my wireless headphones keep buzzing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wireless headphones keep buzzing?: I'm having a issue with my wireless headset Xbox Wireless Headphones, It keeps buzzing, like it buzzes for 2 min then stops for 7min and it's just an endless cycle and sometimes it won't have any audio. But the headset is fine when I connect it up to my Xbox. I thought it...
  3. Why does my wireless headphones keep buzzing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my wireless headphones keep buzzing?: I'm having a issue with my wireless headset Xbox Wireless Headphones, It keeps buzzing, like it buzzes for 2 min then stops for 7min and it's just an endless cycle and sometimes it won't have any audio. But the headset is fine when I connect it up to my Xbox. I thought it...
  4. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  5. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  6. my wireless mouse will not drag and drop a usb mouse will why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my wireless mouse will not drag and drop a usb mouse will why?: My wireless mouse will not drag and drop. A usb mouse will. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-mouse-will-not-drag-and-drop-a-usb/a524903c-a771-46a4-89a3-17f40e13768a
  7. wireless printer/scanner

wireless printer/scanner: I have an HP printer/scanner connected to my computer wirelessly with a downloaded driver. It printsfrom my computer just fine, but I can't figure out how to get the device to scan pagesto my computer....
  8. wireless scanner problems.....

wireless scanner problems.....: Hey all, I recently reinstalled windows 10 and connected wirelessly to my printer/scanner (HP 7160) It seemed to connect fine at first, I downloaded windows scan and scanned a couple things. That's all fine and dandy, I didn't like the software so downloaded some open source...
  9. wireless scanner problems.....

in Windows 10 Support
    wireless scanner problems.....: Hey all, I recently reinstalled windows 10 and connected wirelessly to my printer/scanner (HP 7160) It seemed to connect fine at first, I downloaded windows scan and scanned a couple things. That's all fine and dandy, I didn't like the software so downloaded some open source...
  10. Wireless Printer/Scanner

Wireless Printer/Scanner: Hi I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printerscanner/276e31d6-2d16-458f-a679-073c35b39444