Windows 10: why does mycompter shut down automasiticly

Discus and support why does mycompter shut down automasiticly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in both locations. It does not completely shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joan cantor, Sep 15, 2018.

1. why does mycompter shut down automasiticly

this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in
    both locations. It does not completely shut down because the startup screen is still on and I do have reenter
    my password. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Joan

:)

joan cantor, Sep 15, 2018

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Sep 15, 2018
  4. why does mycompter shut down automasiticly

Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

why does mycompter shut down automasiticly

1. why does mycompter shut down automasiticly - Similar Threads - why does mycompter

2. Laptop does not shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not shut down.: After pressing the shut down button, it says shutting down on the screen and it turns off, but the laptop remains on, the fans still spinning and keyboard backlight still going, none of the buttons work, and the only thing I am able to do at that point is holding the power...
  3. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  4. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  5. Why does my laptop shut itself down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  6. Why does my laptop shut itself down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  7. Pc does not shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc does not shut down: Since the latest upgrade my PC does not shut down every time. Also my wifi shows it is fine but when I try to use it nothing works. Not edge or emails can connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-does-not-shut-down/6c732fa3-17ec-4a8a-9430-bd2ded0720f3
  8. Why does my computer shut down randomly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer shut down randomly?: Hiya, my pc has been shutting down randomly since 2017, when I got the pc. I've been trying to fix it for about a year, and nothing has worked. I've done all the major things such as: Change services changed PSU changed power options Changed and re-downloaded drivers...
  9. Windows Does Not Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Does Not Shut Down: My windows 10 desktop will not shut down or restart. The machine goes into what I would call a continuous loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-does-not-shut-down/e66dbdce-4d7c-4c9e-9119-77e30013e962
  10. why does my computer shut down automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    why does my computer shut down automatically: this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in both locations. It does not completely shut down because the startup screen is still on and I do have reenter my password. Any help on this problem would be greatly...