Windows 10: Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

Discus and support Why does new edge have poor text rendering? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I decided to try new Edge and found its text rendering to be much worse than old Edge. See image below and you will see old edge is perfect even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cereberus, Feb 15, 2020.

1. cereberus Win User

Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

So I decided to try new Edge and found its text rendering to be much worse than old Edge.

See image below and you will see old edge is perfect even when zooming in 400%, new edge is blocky.

Why does new edge have poor text rendering? [​IMG]

:)

cereberus, Feb 15, 2020
  2. geoffers Win User

More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers

Further update on this;
    • The blurry text rendering in Edge/IE11 is only a problem when browsing on my Laptop which is v1511(Build 10586.11)
    • Using my Desktop, the rendering is fine - the Desktop is still v10.0(Build 10240)
    So this could therefore be down to a number of things
    1. There is a difference between builds 10240 and 10586.11
    2. There is a difference between the display drivers on the 2 machines
    3. There is some other HTML rendering issue on the laptop

The Desktop Graphics are Intel(R) HD 26/11/2012 Version 8.15.10.2900: The Laptop Graphics are exactly the same, so that presumably cancels out option 2

geoffers, Feb 15, 2020
  3. tzhu07 Win User
    Edge blurry text rendering

What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox.

Why does new edge have poor text rendering? [​IMG]

tzhu07, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Edge Webpage Content Flickering Issues with Facebook and Other Websites Which Contain Videos In Their Webpage.

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue, we suggest that you use a new
    InPrivate window
    and try to go to a webpage with a video again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you disable hardware acceleration and use software rendering instead of hardware rendering to view the webpage.
    Here are the steps on how to use software rendering:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Internet Options, and click on
      Internet Options
      from the results.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under Accelerated graphics, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does new edge have poor text rendering? - Similar Threads - Why does edge

2. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  3. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  4. New MS Store not Rendering On screen text/elements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New MS Store not Rendering On screen text/elements: I got the new MS store today and pages aren't being displayed correctly. See screenshot below. How do I fix this? Prior to the update it worked fine. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and I tried running WSreset.exe already....
  5. Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Do you need to improve the readability of your web pages? Any virtual document or site is more readable and gains more audience when it has a better color contrast. Microsoft Edge has come up with an innovative idea of manually fictionalizing the high contrast mode of...
  6. Why does windows 10 have poor performance? It's a complete disaster. ?.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does windows 10 have poor performance? It's a complete disaster. ?.: Constant pause like ever 5 minutes. Laggy, slow, a piece of tr***. Never in my life using technology that driving me this insane before. Constant working-on-updates like why would you keep doing that after the booting and when there isn't even the internet connection. It...
  7. Text rendering badly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text rendering badly: My text is rendering badly on my 1080p display, black text looks to be a mix of black, red, and blue, and pixelated which is highly unpleasant to look at. I've gone through multiple steps to try and remove this including configuring clear type, disabling font smoothing in the...
  8. Poor text rendering after move to the new Edge Browser July 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor text rendering after move to the new Edge Browser July 2020: Windows automatically updated last night and has installed a new version of Edge. The new Edge Welcome Page displays clearly but a number of websites I commonly use and which were fine under the previous version of Edge now display font poorly e.g. Brilliant.org where the...
  9. Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does new edge have poor text rendering?: So I decided to try new Edge and found its text rendering to be much worse than old Edge. See image below and you will see old edge is perfect even when zooming in 400%, new edge is blocky. [img] 150579
  10. Edge blurry text rendering

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge blurry text rendering: What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. [img] 11668

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge font rendering