Windows 10: Why does not "apply this view" work any more in the folder options for the Explorer?

Discus and support Why does not "apply this view" work any more in the folder options for the Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've just done the latest Windows 10 update in my PC. After that I've got an undesired view option in most folders and the "apply this view"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndersD59, Nov 3, 2019.

1. AndersD59 Win User

Why does not "apply this view" work any more in the folder options for the Explorer?

Hello,

I've just done the latest Windows 10 update in my PC. After that I've got an undesired view option in most folders and the "apply this view" function for the Explorer does not work to correct it. The function you are supposed to get when you click the button "Apply to Folders" under Folder Options/View.

I want the view "Details" in all my folders. After the update I now got the "Large Icons" view in most folders, in folders I previously had the "Details" view. When using the "apply this view" function nothing happens in the folders with large icons. In some folders, where I more recently have added files and still have got the detailed view, the "apply this view" function works, for instance when I adjust a column width.

This is very annoying. Every time I open a "large icon"-folder I now need select the view panel, then select "details", then adjust the column width.

What happened during the upgrade and how can I correct the view for all folders the way I want it?

:)

AndersD59, Nov 3, 2019
  2. TomStrong Win User

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Nov 3, 2019
  3. TomStrong Win User
    Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Why does not "apply this view" work any more in the folder options for the Explorer?

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does not "apply this view" work any more in the folder options for the Explorer? - Similar Threads - Why does apply

2. Why does Explorer lose the ability to use options on the View tab?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Explorer lose the ability to use options on the View tab?: With Windows Explorer open, at some point during the day, many options within the View tab grey out and are unable to be used. If the folder is set to show icons the previews for the files no longer work and the Preview Pane shows nothing just the words "Select a file to...
  3. Why does Explorer lose the ability to use options on the View tab?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Explorer lose the ability to use options on the View tab?: With Windows Explorer open, at some point during the day, many options within the View tab grey out and are unable to be used. If the folder is set to show icons the previews for the files no longer work and the Preview Pane shows nothing just the words "Select a file to...
  4. Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?: I have tried every possible way to turn "Compact View" on in File Explorer for Windows 11 but nothing has worked since an update in December 2022. I have done all subsequent updates.I want to see the file spacing on the right of this image, not the left:...
  5. Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?

Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?: I have tried every possible way to turn "Compact View" on in File Explorer for Windows 11 but nothing has worked since an update in December 2022. I have done all subsequent updates.I want to see the file spacing on the right of this image, not the left:...
  6. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  7. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  8. Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders: So it was my understanding that when you go into view options, and click "Apply to Folders" that it only applies to folders of a that type. For me, it seems to be a blanket setting. Am i misunderstanding how its supposed to function? I go into my videos folder and set...
  9. File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903: Hello guys, I've been experiencing the following issue. If i do right click on folder/properties/customize/optimize this folder for: and select any option, it does not apply the selection to the folder. It always stays on (General Elements). It is broken since i updated to...
  10. Cannot apply changes to folder view options

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot apply changes to folder view options: Hi Have been using windows 10 for a few months and the other day had this update from windows that changed all my preferred settings, especially my preferred view type for my mp3 music folders and I cannot select apply changes in view in folder options, it's just gray not...