Windows 10: Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?

Discus and support Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Notification says 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications. The 6 is still there but never do I ever see notifications in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kabo0m, Dec 31, 2018.

1. kabo0m Win User

Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?

Notification says 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications. The 6 is still there but never do I ever see notifications in the action center when I used to for the first couple months after I upgraded to Windows 10 in December 2017.

This has been happening for months now. Reboots don't help. Updates don't help. Then someone on Facebook suggest I check out one post on here but it didn't ever fix the problem so I decided to start my own thread.

Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications? c86ed016-e288-4adf-a541-920fb3a7b9f2?upload=true.png

Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications? 356623be-c75e-4db2-a995-df6996d3165c?upload=true.png

:)

kabo0m, Dec 31, 2018
  2. kabo0m Win User

Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?

Notification says 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications. The 6 is still there but never do I ever see notifications in the action center when I used to for the first couple months after I upgraded to Windows 10 in December 2017.

This has been happening for months now. Reboots don't help. Updates don't help. Then someone on Facebook suggest I check out one post on here but it didn't ever fix the problem so I decided to start my own thread.

Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications? c86ed016-e288-4adf-a541-920fb3a7b9f2?upload=true.png

Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications? 356623be-c75e-4db2-a995-df6996d3165c?upload=true.png

kabo0m, Jan 10, 2020
  3. 8Ball01 Win User
    Notifications No Longer Showing up in the Action Center Notification List

Hello,

I have the Production Release of Windows 10. When I upgraded yesterday the Action Center, with regards to notifications, was working fine. Today the icon changes from dark to light to indicate new notifications (and if the cursor is hovered over the icon
    it will say there are new notifications) but when I click on the icon it opens to a blank list and says "No New Notifications". The icon will then "go dark". This has happened all day today; icon says there's new notifications, list is blank, wash... rinse...
    repeat. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

8Ball01, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications? - Similar Threads - Why does Notification

2. Action center & notifications does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center & notifications does not work: I stopped getting notifications and found out Action Center isnt working either. When I click the AC button, all I see is a rectangle box in the bottom right.I've tried SFC, DISM fix, Powershell re-register, etc. Any other ideas are appreciated.Bob...
  3. Action centre and new notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action centre and new notifications: The icon on the task bar wont open. have tried these options:- On the right end of thetaskbar, select the Action Center icon. Press the Windows logo key + A. On a touchscreen device, swipe in from the right edge of the screen the icon shows I have 3 notifications but nothing...
  4. Notifications and Action Center not working.

Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  5. Notification center: Why the silly notification?

Notification center: Why the silly notification?: Hi, First off, I really don't quite understand the need for the action / notification center. It seems to be a place to state the obvious.. The thing that really bugs me, and the reason for writing: Is that while I have all my notifications turned off, I keep getting...
  6. New notifications not showing in action center.

New notifications not showing in action center.: [IMG] [ATTACH] As you can see, the action center badge suggests new notifications but remains empty on opening. I have tried sfc and DISM tool, tried restarting file explorer, disabled and enabled action center from group policy but nothing has worked so far. Need a fix for...
  7. No notification in action center

No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  8. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  9. No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center

in Browsers and Email
    No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center: I have selected the option to receive notifications of new email from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 settings, but am not receiving them in the Action Center. Are there any other settings that need to be changed or possibly any registry keys that need to be added? Thanks. 38719
  10. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no new notifications

2. delayed notifications from action center

3. no notifications it says 6

4. why facebook in taskbar has notification