Windows 10: Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.

Discus and support Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WANDAHENDRICKS, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.

Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.

:)

WANDAHENDRICKS, Jul 28, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

im old and stupid

You might be old, but stupid? I see no evidence for that.

Run your app with Administrator permissions:

• right-click on the app
    • select 'Run as administrator'
    • enter the password for an Administrator account when prompted.

BulldogXX, Jul 28, 2020
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.

Old picture files

Hi Carolyn,

Based on the description you provided, we need to determine why all your old pictures disappeared after replacing your printer to a new one. With that said, kindly answer the following questions:

• What steps have you tried so far to recover your old pictures?
    • Did you use an application to save your scanned photos from your previous printer?
    • Have you tried searching for the folder via Cortana?

Desiree Yau, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.

1. Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use. - Similar Threads - Why does Old

2. deleting old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    deleting old files: hi, so long story short, i have a small ssd so i am trying to free up some storage space. i often use a program called WinDirStat that scans my ssd and tells me exactly what type of files take up space and where. i ran it, and ended up finding 4gb of ".help" files. i am not...
  3. Deleting old system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old system files: Hi! I had recently changed my C drive from hdd to ssd. So I have noticed that folders like program filesx86 and users folders are still presentwhich are heavy in storage , when I try to delete them it doesn't allows me to. Please help how can I delete these files....
  4. deleting old OS files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting old OS files: Hi there I just moved my OS from my SSD to my M.2 SSD using Samsung magician everything worked fine and windows is booting from the new drive but all the files are still on the original SSD would it be okay to delete everything from that drive and just have the files on...
  5. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  6. Deleting old programme files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old programme files: I have a lot of SERVICE REMEDIATION files in Programme files on c drive which are taking up a great deal of space is it ok to delete the older ones and just keep the most recent Thank you...
  7. delete old microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete old microsoft account: how do i delete an old Microsoft account. My laptop has an old email address associated to its login and sleep modes but none of the last 3 passwords I have written down are working. Because the email address is no longer valid resetting the PW and then updating the email...
  8. Deleting Windows Old Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting Windows Old Files: My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove? 111537
  9. Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card.: I was looking at the photos from an old Compact Flash 512mb card the other day, about 100 exposures, and when I had finished looking at them, I deleted them with the card still connected to the pc. Big mistake, I'm not sure if they are backed up. I Have some Sandisk...
  10. Files deleted on old disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Files deleted on old disk: Hi All, Long time last visit 18 Aug 2015 23:19 Slartybart Re installing 4 tb drive..... For those that remember...I took out the 1 tb drive from my HP pavilion 23 that was running windows 10 it was fully working apart from not a lot of room left due to mainly photos,...