Windows 10: Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?

Discus and support Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Windows 11 Home/64.OneDrive is turned off. I store everything in my computer's hard drive and a USB connected drive.When I Save a document, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Wilkinson2, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?

Using Windows 11 Home/64.OneDrive is turned off. I store everything in my computer's hard drive and a USB connected drive.When I Save a document, or SaveAs a file or document, the address line shows OneDrive in the thread.Please help me know how to remove this from happening.I'm sorry for what is probably a basic question.Thank you.

:)

John Wilkinson2, Feb 8, 2024
  2. JJG10 Win User

Add a button to the address bar.

I would like to add the Zoom button to my new Edge address bar. Have found the following how to do it on the web but they don't work like the instructions say.

How to manage the address bar buttons on Microsoft Edge

To customize the buttons that appear next to the address bar, use these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
    2. Click the Settings and more menu button on the top-right corner. (I assume that is the three dots in a row)
    3. Select the Show in toolbar sub-menu. (Don't see 'Show in toobar)
    4. Click the action button that you want to add or remove from the toolbar.

Thanks for any help.

Almost forgot, W10 ver 1909.

JJG10, Feb 8, 2024
  3. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 8, 2024
  4. sixt5cuda Win User

Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Feb 8, 2024
Thema:

Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?

1. Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off? - Similar Threads - Why does Drive

2. Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?: Using Windows 11 Home/64.OneDrive is turned off. I store everything in my computer's hard drive and a USB connected drive.When I Save a document, or SaveAs a file or document, the address line shows OneDrive in the thread.Please help me know how to remove this from...
  3. why does my windows 11 sleep when I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my windows 11 sleep when I turn it off?: I don't want my laptop with Win 11 to "sleep" when it's plugged in because it signs me out of everything that I use all the time. I have tried every setting I can find to tell it never to sleep, but when I come back in the morning, it has completely reset itself, and I have...
  4. why does my windows 11 sleep when I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my windows 11 sleep when I turn it off?: I don't want my laptop with Win 11 to "sleep" when it's plugged in because it signs me out of everything that I use all the time. I have tried every setting I can find to tell it never to sleep, but when I come back in the morning, it has completely reset itself, and I have...
  5. Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?

Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off or randomly. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it...
  6. Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off or randomly. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it...
  7. Why does my bluetooth turn on when I turn it off?

Why does my bluetooth turn on when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it from turning...
  8. why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off: why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-bluetooth-turn-off-when-windows-updates/937151b1-7468-4c43-80b3-e6c307153569
  9. why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off: why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-bluetooth-turn-off-when-windows-updates/937151b1-7468-4c43-80b3-e6c307153569
  10. why does one have to have the microphone turned on when one is not using any microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does one have to have the microphone turned on when one is not using any microphone: why does one have to have the microphone turned on when one is not using any microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-one-have-to-have-the-microphone-turned-on/1679db97-c4d2-4b81-8c7a-25528ad02c3c