Windows 10: Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?...

Discus and support Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community, I restart my Windows 10 desktop PC. Then I open my Firefox browser. When I check Task Manager, I see that 4, 5, 6 or more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gary_S_1943, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?...

Hello Community,

I restart my Windows 10 desktop PC. Then I open my Firefox browser. When I check Task Manager, I see that 4, 5, 6 or more Firefox processes are running. Not just one. WHY ? How to FIX ?

Regards,

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Jun 22, 2019
  2. rudolfo2 Win User

FireFox

Task Manager don't show Firefox running.

rudolfo2, Jun 22, 2019
  3. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?... :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?...

Task Manager Crashing when closing Firefox

This doesn't occur every single time, but Task Manager is crashing many times after closing Firefox.

I have run scans with a top AV program, in addition to one time scan programs (Malwarebytes, etc.) with no infections found.

I've also gotten warnings from my AV about suspicious duplicate processes.

Anyone else ever have this happen repeatedly?

Thanks.

mocliamtoh5640sre, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?...

1. Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?... - Similar Threads - Why does Firefox

2. Why does Microsoft keep mutting Firefox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft keep mutting Firefox?: Why does it appear that every time Microsoft installs an update it mutes Firefox? There have been several times that I go into Firefox and onto Youtube and there is no sound. I look for answers and most don't work, till you find the correct sound menu where it lets you turn...
  3. Why does Microsoft keep mutting Firefox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep mutting Firefox?: Why does it appear that every time Microsoft installs an update it mutes Firefox? There have been several times that I go into Firefox and onto Youtube and there is no sound. I look for answers and most don't work, till you find the correct sound menu where it lets you turn...
  4. Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar: Help!The Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar.Is there a way to rebuild the icons?The browser works well though.Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-95-icon-is-shown-as-blank-in-the-task-bar/482dddf4-2474-488a-9f0f-d52e59133630
  5. Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar: Help!The Firefox 95 icon is shown as blank in the task bar.Is there a way to rebuild the icons?The browser works well though.Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-95-icon-is-shown-as-blank-in-the-task-bar/482dddf4-2474-488a-9f0f-d52e59133630
  6. Running Processes in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  7. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager: For the last month or so, FireFox has repeateadly crashed when more than two tabs are open and at least one of the tabs is a video from YouTube. I have found several work-arounds and suggestions to tweak FireFox to behave better and they have worked with solving the crash...
  8. Locking in page size in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Locking in page size in Firefox: I'm trying out Firefox on my tablet. The window size goes to 100% every time I change web pages. Is there a way to lock the size to 80% and keep it there? I don't see any setting. 61683
  9. Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes

in Browsers and Email
    Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes: With the arrival of Firefox 54 last week, finally the drawn out process of releasing its multiprocess Electrolysis was finished. In its latest release, Firefox will use up to four processes, with the benefits to users being better memory usage and performance. But...
  10. I Need to Run two Version of Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    I Need to Run two Version of Firefox: I have windows 10 pro running in GPT Partation UEFI I need to set up Firefox version 47 (32 Bit) This version of 47 will Run My Security Camera So I can view my cameras in in this browser. This version I can install my plugin IPCWebComponents All firefox updates after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does firefox show many tasks running?

2. 6 firefox processes running

3. why is there many occurences of firefox for ome page

4. why does firefox kill performance,
  5. 6 firefox processes running 2020,
  6. Firefox run 5 ,
  7. task manager shows firefox 5 times,
  8. why does firefox open 5 processes,
  9. task manager shows 5 firefox exe,
  10. task manager firefox (5),
  11. task manager shows 6 firefox running