Windows 10: Why does one of my programs open then disappear

Discus and support Why does one of my programs open then disappear in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does one of my programs open then disappear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pdsmith, Jan 14, 2019.

1. pdsmith Win User

Why does one of my programs open then disappear

:)

pdsmith, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Programs Tab Disappears When Clicked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly do you mean by program tab disappears after you click it?

• Do you face this issue specific with program tab or all the tab?
    I suggest you to open Internet Option from Command prompt and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to open Internet Options.

1. Press windows + R and type
    inetcpl.cpl.

2. After opening the Internet options check if the issue still persist.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 14, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Why does one of my programs open then  disappear :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does one of my programs open then disappear - Similar Threads - Why does programs

2. Why does my Bluetooth disappear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Bluetooth disappear?: Asus Vivobook Pro 14X M7400QEMy Bluetooth randomly disappears for days every week. For the past 4 days I've only had Bluetooth work for a couple of hours. I'm even starting to think the issue is hardware related. This has been happening since I got the device and is the...
  3. Why does my Bluetooth disappear?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Bluetooth disappear?: Asus Vivobook Pro 14X M7400QEMy Bluetooth randomly disappears for days every week. For the past 4 days I've only had Bluetooth work for a couple of hours. I'm even starting to think the issue is hardware related. This has been happening since I got the device and is the...
  4. Why does my disk E disappear?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my disk E disappear?: After i downloaded an update for wacom my disk E disappeared and came back the next day. now it happened again without any updating and when i restared instead of having my disk back it said it was on desktop and it had a question mark. Might this be a virus?...
  5. Why does my disk E disappear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my disk E disappear?: After i downloaded an update for wacom my disk E disappeared and came back the next day. now it happened again without any updating and when i restared instead of having my disk back it said it was on desktop and it had a question mark. Might this be a virus?...
  6. Why does my disk E disappear?

7. Why does my Bluetooth keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Bluetooth keep disappearing?: I wake up one day and its gone. Then a month later, and its there. It's been like this for a year.I did the following but none worked:1- installed and reinstalled the bluetooth device from device manager,2- Update drivers,3- restart bluetooth from services,4- restart PC5-...
  8. Why does my Bluetooth keep disappearing?

Why does my Bluetooth keep disappearing?: I wake up one day and its gone. Then a month later, and its there. It's been like this for a year.I did the following but none worked:1- installed and reinstalled the bluetooth device from device manager,2- Update drivers,3- restart bluetooth from services,4- restart PC5-...
  9. Why does my Bluetooth keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why does my excel workbook disappear?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my excel workbook disappear?: Since activating One Drive, I have had worksheets in Excel disappear and the version on One Drive doe not have the changes I had kmade, so all the work is lost. I do not know what I did when moving the curser, but blank wsaorksheet is there as if I did nothing. Cannot find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 programs dont open or disappear

2. why does microsoft to-do opens but then disappear when i launch it?