Windows 10: Why does OneDrive camera backup put all photos together and not in the original phone...

Discus and support Why does OneDrive camera backup put all photos together and not in the original phone... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Frustrating and impossible to use to find a picture.Onedrive backs up all photos to the same place not original photo albums on my phone.Having read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gts9000, May 28, 2023.

1. gts9000 Win User

Why does OneDrive camera backup put all photos together and not in the original phone...

Frustrating and impossible to use to find a picture.Onedrive backs up all photos to the same place not original photo albums on my phone.Having read many posts I do not see "camera upload" option.I only see "Camera backup" and organise by date the only option.My onedrive and outlook accounts are personal accounts not business accounts.

:)

gts9000, May 28, 2023

2. too many photos in your camera roll for backup - what to do?

I've recently decided to use OneDrive to backup my iphone photos rather than iCloud as I get more free space. I followed the instructions on how to setup the backup and everything seemed to have gone well. Until I checked the files that had been backed up and they only go back to 2018 but I have photos on my phone from 2014.

Looking through the help, I found: (Troubleshoot OneDrive for iOS app problems (microsoft.com))

--

If automatic camera upload isn’t working, or only some pictures are uploaded, follow these steps:

1. Apple recommend that customers leave the OneDrive app running in the background. Automatic uploading cannot work if the app has been Force Closed (double-tap Home and swipe up and away).
    2. If you're not connected to Wi-Fi, check your mobile OneDrive settings. If you want to use your mobile network, tap Settings, tap Camera upload, and then turn on Use Mobile Network.
    3. If your camera upload is taking too long to set up or look for photos, without giving any error message, it could be because you have too many photos in your camera roll.
    4. OneDrive cannot upload photos optimized for iCloud. To disable optimization, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos and uncheck Optimize Storage.
    --

So I suspect that I have problem 3 but there isn't a suggested solution! Can anyone tell me what I need to do to add my older photos to the backup please?

Catriona Wright, May 28, 2023
  3. Lumia 820 photos disappeared from camera roll and onedrive

Hello Alaina,

To further assist you, please provide us the information below:

• Are the photos still available?
    • Where does your photos and videos are saved?
    • Have you tried taking pictures again? Does the new photos appear on the Camera roll?
    • Was the automatic backup on OneDrive enabled?
    • Did you try to deactivate and activate the backup option on OneDrive?
    • Did you try to manually sync your account?

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, May 28, 2023
  4. AlesIrsic Win User

Why does OneDrive camera backup put all photos together and not in the original phone...

backup photos on onedrive

The same goes for me (Lumia 950).

Few bugs:

• Sync status is not easly accessible via the Photos app (gallery) as there is no way to see if image/video is already syncd
    • You have to be lucky enough to find out that sync status and sync queue list is now inside OneDrive app - inside settings
    • Once you are in Camera queue list, then you realize that it is completly useless! It has no filenames, no thumbs, no dates and nothing whatsoever! There is just bunch of files stating "waiting...". That's it. You can hit the "retry" button which does,
      well... noting!
    So, in a nutshell: oneDrive camera syncing is pain in the ****.

AlesIrsic, May 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Why does OneDrive camera backup put all photos together and not in the original phone... - Similar Threads - Why does OneDrive

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  4. Why does windows photos back up to onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows photos back up to onedrive?: Hello.I am trying to migrate ALL photo's out of my iPhone and store them onto my photo's app on my Surface Laptop windows 11.For some reason, by default, my photos are syncing to ONEDRIVE and on that i only have 5GB storage but the photos i need to download are about 50GB. I...
  5. Why does windows photos back up to onedrive?

Why does windows photos back up to onedrive?: Hello.I am trying to migrate ALL photo's out of my iPhone and store them onto my photo's app on my Surface Laptop windows 11.For some reason, by default, my photos are syncing to ONEDRIVE and on that i only have 5GB storage but the photos i need to download are about 50GB. I...
  6. Why does OneDrive camera backup put all photos together and not in the original phone...

Why does OneDrive camera backup put all photos together and not in the original phone...: Frustrating and impossible to use to find a picture.Onedrive backs up all photos to the same place not original photo albums on my phone.Having read many posts I do not see "camera upload" option.I only see "Camera backup" and organise by date the only option.My onedrive and...
  7. Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone: Hi, i have a problem with my OneDrive cloud subscription. I have enabled camera roll sync from Android. The problem is that if i delete a blurry photo from the cloud or from phone, the deletion does not sync. If i delete the photo from the cloud then it is not deleted from my...
  8. OneDrive for Android - Camera Upload Gets All Photos?

OneDrive for Android - Camera Upload Gets All Photos?: Hi all, I have OneDrive for Android and 365. I have just switched to Camera Upload https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/automatically-save-photos-and-videos-with-onedrive-for-android-66605e54-48b8-4f55-bcff-34159702e344 so my camera roll is now going to OneDrive. I am...
  9. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

Put OneDrive files back to their original folders: I wanted to stop using OneDrive I have sensitive content and it is a breach of contract if I put them on a cloud base back-up system so I clicked on unlink this PC, but all my files disappeared from their original folders. Now there are "Where are my files" shortcuts that...
  10. Restore Thumbnail Backup Photos to Original Size

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Thumbnail Backup Photos to Original Size: I have found dozens of wanted thumbnail size photos (PNG files) on my old backup hard drive. The files have not yet been extracted. My question is how can I restore these thumbnail PNG files to original size? Thank you 87335