Windows 10: Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?

Discus and support Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason, the OneDrive web app says I am almost at my 100GB storage limit work account, but the desktop version says I am only at half that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nik Godshall, May 20, 2024.

1. Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?

For some reason, the OneDrive web app says I am almost at my 100GB storage limit work account, but the desktop version says I am only at half that amount. I have gone into OneDrive >> Account >> Settings and made sure all files are selected for syncing. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Nik Godshall, May 20, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 20, 2024
  3. RCoon Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, May 20, 2024
  4. Freezer Win User

Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, May 20, 2024
Thema:

Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?

1. Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop? - Similar Threads - Why does OneDrive

2. Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?: For some reason, the OneDrive web app says I am almost at my 100GB storage limit work account, but the desktop version says I am only at half that amount. I have gone into OneDrive >> Account >> Settings and made sure all files are selected for syncing. Any help will be...
  3. Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does OneDrive online say I'm using twice as much storage as OneDrive desktop?: For some reason, the OneDrive web app says I am almost at my 100GB storage limit work account, but the desktop version says I am only at half that amount. I have gone into OneDrive >> Account >> Settings and made sure all files are selected for syncing. Any help will be...
  4. OneDrive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  5. OneDrive storage

OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  6. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  7. Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...: I am sickened by the fact that all of my info is on one drive and if i unsync or unlink my pc my entire desktop still shows up in the Onedrive path! I do not want it in the Onedrive path. I used to go C:\Users\user\Desktop ...now i have to go to...
  8. Onedrive storage

Onedrive storage: Hi I have 4 x hardrives on my PC a 250 GB ssd C drive for OS and programmes, 1tb HHD D drive for documents, 2Tb SSD E drive for pictures and videos and 2Tb HHD F drive for backups. I have just setup Onedrive to backup my desktop, documents and pictures using F drive but now...
  9. onedrive storage.

onedrive storage.: hello, I was wondering if it is possible to save/download or import games to the one drive on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/66222e50-7c22-486b-b785-eb972a4dd9b4"
  10. OneDrive online Does not play Videos..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneDrive online Does not play Videos..: My Onedrive on my PC plays the videos however when I go to the website some play & some do not. The app on my devices does not play the videos the screen is black the time keeper does count down like the video is playing. All the videos work over a month ago - I did not...