Windows 10: Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc?

Discus and support Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why in the world does my phone have to be on to use the MS phone app on my desktop to send a text? Defeats the purpose of the app if I have to have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TerriBenton, May 21, 2019.

1. Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc?

Why in the world does my phone have to be on to use the MS phone app on my desktop to send a text? Defeats the purpose of the app if I have to have my phone on to use it. Might as well just text from the phone. App said phone was not connected so of course as soon as turned it on the app worked on my desktop. This makes no sense. Help me understand please.

:)

TerriBenton, May 21, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 21, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc?

New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones?

Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no way to sign into the app, which would suggest that it's not ready for the public to fully check out.

Microsoft already has a Preview for Developers app for Windows Phone 8.1 that allows users to download new builds of the OS before they are made available to wireless carriers. This new app would seem, at first glance, to be something different. However, we stress that Microsoft has yet to officially state they are launching a preview version of Windows 10 for smartphones. So take this speculation (and everyone else's) with a grain of salt.

Read more: New Microsoft Phone Insider app may be a prelude to a Windows 10 preview for phones

Brink, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc?

1. Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? - Similar Threads - Why does phone

2. How to use pc as phone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use pc as phone?: want to us pc as phone without a phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-pc-as-phone/df0d8b99-365b-41f0-a35c-0260b30e0f19
  3. Having Issues with Phone Link PC App.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having Issues with Phone Link PC App.: Hello,I don't understand what is wrong with the Phone Link PC app. There is nothing wrong with the one on my phone.The problem that I am having is that after a while, when I click on the app, it doesn't load. When I tried to fix it, it doesn't work. I had to reset it or...
  4. Having Issues with Phone Link PC App.

Having Issues with Phone Link PC App.: Hello,I don't understand what is wrong with the Phone Link PC app. There is nothing wrong with the one on my phone.The problem that I am having is that after a while, when I click on the app, it doesn't load. When I tried to fix it, it doesn't work. I had to reset it or...
  5. Why does not showing phone screen/app mirror option in my phone link app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does not showing phone screen/app mirror option in my phone link app ?: I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 pro android. Is it not supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-not-showing-phone-screenapp-mirror-option/a2faa6d8-8e88-4b99-89e2-68d26d058cf0
  6. Why does not showing phone screen/app mirror option in my phone link app ?

Why does not showing phone screen/app mirror option in my phone link app ?: I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 pro android. Is it not supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-not-showing-phone-screenapp-mirror-option/a2faa6d8-8e88-4b99-89e2-68d26d058cf0
  7. Does the PC app for Your Phone have to be Enter=Send?

Does the PC app for Your Phone have to be Enter=Send?: Please inform me that the developers of Your Phone for the PC hasn't left off the choice of Enter=Send or doesn't =Send? I hit that key so often that it sends half words, half sentences, and maybe things I didn't get time to reread and edit before sending.Did they leave this...
  8. Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.: I'm using a Surface Pro 7 with Samsung Note 10+. The connection worked fine when I first got my PC. At some point I got a message saying to make sur my PC and phone were connected to the same WIFI connection, which they are. The only thing that fixed it is a factory reset of...
  9. Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone

Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone: Using the Your Phone app on my laptop - When placing/receiving calls, the audio comes through my PC speakers, however the app is using my cell phone's microphone instead of either my laptops internal microphone, or my Blue Snowball mic which works on every other app I have...
  10. Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone?

Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone?: Downloaded the app and linked phone last week and it worked really well for texting and my Android 7.0 phone was turned off BUT now app says phone not connected to internet. Phone was off and when I booted it up the app worked. Defeats the purpose of the app if I have to...