Windows 10: Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?

Discus and support Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder of photos sorted by Date Created, but when I click on a photo in the folder and click on the right side to access the next image, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NottaKeme, Mar 1, 2021.

1. NottaKeme Win User

Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?

I have a folder of photos sorted by Date Created, but when I click on a photo in the folder and click on the right side to access the next image, it doesn't go to the next image.

Why is Photo Viewer displaying random images instead of the sorting that the folder has?

:)

NottaKeme, Mar 1, 2021
  2. FrankS Win User

photos vs photo viewer

If I double click on a .tif file in File Explorer it opens in Photo Viewer whereas if I double click on a .jpg file it opens in Photos.
    I much prefer using Photo Viewer because you can run a slide show from there & with a right click adjust the speed or duration to Fast, Medium or Slow.
    However, using Photos. although you can also run a slideshow, there's no option to change the speed.
    So, in Settings - Default Apps - Choose default application by file type I scroll to .jpg & discover that Photo Viewer is not on the list of possible apps.
    Of course, scrolling down to .tif & it's already set to Photo Viewer.
    How can I set .jpg to open in Photo Viewer just as it is with .tif ?

FrankS, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Mar 1, 2021
  4. meebers Win User

Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo? - Similar Threads - Why does Photo

2. photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo viewer: i cannot view photos from my mobile phone on photo viewer. system says photo viewer is not up to date. how do i update photo viewer on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer/04e27057-ac4e-4af2-87c2-d32ca667a023
  3. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  4. Photo viewer

Photo viewer: hi my photo viewer isn't working on windowa 10 I have a Lenovo laptop and every picture I click a message comes up showing this (the app didn't start) and have tried several times and from different sources such as usb phone after connecting it dosent open any pictures....
  5. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: Hello again, I guess in my zealousness to remove the default apps, I must have also deleted the old photo viewer. I searched and everything I find says to download it from the store, my problem is that I also removed the store. Anyone know of a place to download the old...
  6. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer: Hi I recently upgraded my camera from a canon t6i to a canon 6d mk ii. Now that I upgraded I cannot view my .CR2 files (RAW) anymore. They would preview just fine with my old camera in raw or .cr2 form. Why can't I preview my new cameras .CR2 files (raw) now?? It completely...
  7. photos vs photo viewer

photos vs photo viewer: If I double click on a .tif file in File Explorer it opens in Photo Viewer whereas if I double click on a .jpg file it opens in Photos. I much prefer using Photo Viewer because you can run a slide show from there & with a right click adjust the speed or duration to Fast,...
  8. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo: How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the...
  9. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: One thing I really miss from Win 7 is the photo viewer. When I first used Win 10 it was an upgraded machine, so it was still there. Can you tell me, is it still included in the installation software? I would like to find out how to enable it, if it is. 105236
  10. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...