Windows 10: Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?

Discus and support Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder of photos sorted by Date Created, but when I click on a photo in the folder and click on the right side to access the next image, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NottaKeme, Mar 1, 2021.

1. NottaKeme Win User

Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?

I have a folder of photos sorted by Date Created, but when I click on a photo in the folder and click on the right side to access the next image, it doesn't go to the next image.

Why is Photo Viewer displaying random images instead of the sorting that the folder has?

:)

NottaKeme, Mar 1, 2021
  2. FrankS Win User

photos vs photo viewer

If I double click on a .tif file in File Explorer it opens in Photo Viewer whereas if I double click on a .jpg file it opens in Photos.
    I much prefer using Photo Viewer because you can run a slide show from there & with a right click adjust the speed or duration to Fast, Medium or Slow.
    However, using Photos. although you can also run a slideshow, there's no option to change the speed.
    So, in Settings - Default Apps - Choose default application by file type I scroll to .jpg & discover that Photo Viewer is not on the list of possible apps.
    Of course, scrolling down to .tif & it's already set to Photo Viewer.
    How can I set .jpg to open in Photo Viewer just as it is with .tif ?

FrankS, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Mar 1, 2021
  4. meebers Win User

Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo?

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does Photo Viewer pick random photos in a folder when clicking on next photo? - Similar Threads - Why does Photo

2. Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...: I have issues with microsoft photo viewer. When I click the next photo it goes back to the start rather than the next photo. For example, if I click next on photo fourteen I get photo one rather than photo fifteen. It then goes photo one, photo two and so on. I had this issue...
  3. Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...: I have issues with microsoft photo viewer. When I click the next photo it goes back to the start rather than the next photo. For example, if I click next on photo fourteen I get photo one rather than photo fifteen. It then goes photo one, photo two and so on. I had this issue...
  4. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: It is the same issue as a similar question before, in my file explorer, say I have hundreds of photos, whichever I open in Microsoft Photo, just the default photo viewer it comes with when I hit next, it always goes back to the second photo in the folder for some reason not...
  5. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: It is the same issue as a similar question before, in my file explorer, say I have hundreds of photos, whichever I open in Microsoft Photo, just the default photo viewer it comes with when I hit next, it always goes back to the second photo in the folder for some reason not...
  6. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: Say I have 20 photos in a folder. If I click on photo 11 and press the button to the right that says "Next," the next photo in line will be photo 1, not photo 12. If I go to the left button labeled "Previous," photo 20 will appear. How do I fix this. Some folders do not have...
  7. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: Say I have 20 photos in a folder. If I click on photo 11 and press the button to the right that says "Next," the next photo in line will be photo 1, not photo 12. If I go to the left button labeled "Previous," photo 20 will appear. How do I fix this. Some folders do not have...
  8. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

9. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  10. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo: How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the...