Windows 10: Why does Photos not look a Windows Program?

Discus and support Why does Photos not look a Windows Program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I sometimes use Windows Photos to edit and crop Photos. I would like to know why Windows have changed the whole Interface for Photos in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Digmen1, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Digmen1 Win User

Why does Photos not look a Windows Program?

Hello
    I sometimes use Windows Photos to edit and crop Photos.
    I would like to know why Windows have changed the whole Interface for Photos in Windows 10.
    Now the background is black and the Menus are on the top right.

I always thought that MS enforced strict rules on software manufacturers so that all Windows programs had the same look and feel.

What do you think?

:)

Digmen1, Sep 10, 2017
  2. TreborG2 Win User

Why does Windows Settings look different between a Desktop & Laptop PC?

I found one other answer on this question .. but it doesn't apply ... its the same build.

Both Desktop and Laptop are running windows 10 pro, 1709 bver 16299.192

Desktop shows a Cortana icon in the settings menu

Laptop shows a "Search" icon.

Desktop Windows Settings:

Why does Photos not look a Windows Program? [​IMG]

And Laptop...

TreborG2, Sep 10, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Why does Windows Settings look different between a Desktop & Laptop PC?

Old Lenovo thinkpad , plain old laptop.

'Mike P, Sep 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

They do, but Photos is one of the new generation of UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Apps, introduced in Windows 8 as 'Metro' apps. This is now the standard layout for a UWP App. Compare it to some of the other Microsoft-supplied Apps such as the Store or Edge, they all have the 'three dots' menu top right.

Thema:

1. Why does Photos not look a Windows Program? - Similar Threads - Why does Photos

2. Why does the dashboard look weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the dashboard look weird: Why does my Windows 11 dashboard look like this. This is not the format that I am used to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-dashboard-look-weird/2ea08a7b-9bde-4898-8be3-4c2d10fbc1af
  3. Why does the dashboard look weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the dashboard look weird: Why does my Windows 11 dashboard look like this. This is not the format that I am used to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-dashboard-look-weird/2ea08a7b-9bde-4898-8be3-4c2d10fbc1af
  4. Why does my windows settings look like this?

Why does my windows settings look like this?: i have restarted my computer a few times and still looks the same.Have run sfc/scannow and restarted my computer and no difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-settings-look-like-this/52b0501e-fa77-4e5d-8aa2-07e3e0d177ce
  5. Why does Windows Look So Outdated?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows Look So Outdated?: Compared to MacOS Big Sur, Windows look ugly and outdated. Even on the latest Windows Insider Update Windows still looks very outdated. I would love for the team at Microsoft to add rounded corners and make Windows have more Fluent Design. Also, the File Explorer is still...
  6. Why does it look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does it look like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArmedEnt2206 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/metb1f/why_does_it_look_like_this/
  7. Why does Windows look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows look like this?: [ATTACH] This shows up instead of my desktop, and it appears whenever I press the Windows key instead of opening Start. Any way I can revert this to the old version where pressing the Windows key opens the start menu instead? I am on Windows 10 Home build 19041.746...
  8. Photo program does not show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo program does not show: I'm trying to set ThumbsPLus as my default photo viewer, but it doesn't show up as a choice when making default selection. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-program-does-not-show/d0d9c901-6818-4744-b893-e5fbf5011379
  9. Looking for a program

Looking for a program: Hello. Is there a program to check if a compilation of files (to burn on cd or dvd) will fill the disk to its maximum, if I make a too large compilation, the burning program will "say" it is too much, then have to start removing files and try again to burn. If I remove too...
  10. Looking for a program that does this.. Simmlar to flux but.

Looking for a program that does this.. Simmlar to flux but.: So my galaxy S7 phone has this thing where it dims the screen based on the lighting conditions in the room, I am wondering is there a simmlar thing that does the same for a pc monitor? I know about Flux, however, I dislike how yellow it makes the screen. 102934