Windows 10: Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?

Discus and support Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows 10 power slider shows a recommended power setting that is higher when on battery than when plugged. The reason is not intuitive for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaygourley, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?

The Windows 10 power slider shows a recommended power setting that is higher when on battery than when plugged. The reason is not intuitive for me. Can someone explain?

:)

jaygourley, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Helmut Win User

Battery Slider vs Power Options

The Battery slider power control is not completely independent, obviously some settings would be common.
    Early versions of Windows 10 had more than one Power Plan, but they changed it into the one plan, Balanced (recommended) and then added a Power Mode slider control to the Battery icon.
    Which makes it a lot easier than going to Power Plans.

i.e. The Power Mode slider control is the equivalent of a different Power Plan.

All part of a general shift from the old Control Panel to the Settings App.

Helmut, Oct 22, 2019
  3. mkr10001 Win User
    Battery Slider vs Power Options

What bearing if any does the slider have on the power options (from control panel)
    I slid it to better battery but the power plan was still set to balanced?

Are they completely independent?

I needed to leave my laptop on over night and the fan kept starting up (not sure why, it was only downloading some files). I set it to better battery assuming this would limit the cpu so it wouldn't get so hot, it didn't. Changed my power plan to power saver and changed max state to 60% and it was fine....

Slider seems to do nothing.

mkr10001, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?

Power and battery

I just had a black screen; all I could see was the mouse arrow. I researched on my other laptop and discovered it's a common problem with Win10. I tried a few recommended things but nothing happened: black screen and mouse.

For some reason I got it into my head to remove the battery and leave the laptop just plugged into the wall. It started normally and some 6 programs I tried so far have worked perfectly. So now I am wondering whether I should have both battery and wall-power at the same time. Should I perhaps remove the battery permanently and just run the machine on power?

Thanks for all advice, opinions, gossip.

I just called a friend and he suggested I run the machine on battery only until the battery is down to, say, 20%, then plug it in again to power until the battery is back to 100%; then unplug it and run on battery only. Ad infinitum. Any opinions on this process? Thanks again.

Tony Vella, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?

1. Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in? - Similar Threads - Why does power

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  6. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  7. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Battery Power slider missing.

Battery Power slider missing.: As the title says, the battery slider in Windows 10 is missing. It was there a few days ago but today when I checked it, it wasn't. I haven't changed anything recently in the power options. I checked the internet for a fix, but all of them are nothing but "keep the power...
  9. Battery Slider vs Power Options

Battery Slider vs Power Options: What bearing if any does the slider have on the power options (from control panel) I slid it to better battery but the power plan was still set to balanced? Are they completely independent? I needed to leave my laptop on over night and the fan kept starting up (not sure...
  10. Why does battery power icon says "plugged in, not charging"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does battery power icon says "plugged in, not charging"?: Why does battery power icon says "plugged in, not charging"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-battery-power-icon-says-plugged-in-not/952a088f-adec-4111-b860-e1f64927b3c3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power slider windows when plugged in

2. do i set windows power slider as well as power plan?