Windows 10: Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

Discus and support Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In a PowerShell 7.0.1 prompt, when I type the following: Update-Help -Verbose it just sits there doing nothing. No error, nothing. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fred Morrison, May 19, 2020.

1. Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

In a PowerShell 7.0.1 prompt, when I type the following:

Update-Help -Verbose

it just sits there doing nothing. No error, nothing.

My environment:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.836
    • $PSVersionTable output:

Name Value

---- -----

PSVersion 7.0.1

PSEdition Core

GitCommitId 7.0.1

OS Microsoft Windows 10.0.18363

Platform Win32NT

PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}

PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3

SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1

WSManStackVersion 3.0

:)

Fred Morrison, May 19, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 19, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, May 19, 2020
  4. Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

Cannot Update Powershell Help with the "Update-Help" Command

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/mod...

Hope it works

vanshitavanshita, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

1. Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ? - Similar Threads - Why does PowerShell

2. Why does my Thinkpad Gen 1 go to 0% randomly and lock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my Thinkpad Gen 1 go to 0% randomly and lock: Why does my Thinkpad Gen 1 go to 0% randomly and lock, then the power button flashes and I cant turn it on until it stops. It does this about every 30 minutes....
  3. Why does my Thinkpad Gen 1 go to 0% randomly and lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Thinkpad Gen 1 go to 0% randomly and lock: Why does my Thinkpad Gen 1 go to 0% randomly and lock, then the power button flashes and I cant turn it on until it stops. It does this about every 30 minutes....
  4. Why does my Thinkpad Gen 1 go to 0% randomly and lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reportiing: PowerShell 7 latest update-help fails on ConfigDefenderPerformance with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reportiing: PowerShell 7 latest update-help fails on ConfigDefenderPerformance with a...: Just installed PS 7 on Windows yesterday. Can't update-help. Reporting problem for Microsoft to correct.```$ Update-HelpUpdate-Help: Failed to update Help for the modules 'ConfigDefenderPerformance, PSReadline' with UI cultures {en-US} : One or more errors occurred. Response...
  6. Reportiing: PowerShell 7 latest update-help fails on ConfigDefenderPerformance with a...

Reportiing: PowerShell 7 latest update-help fails on ConfigDefenderPerformance with a...: Just installed PS 7 on Windows yesterday. Can't update-help. Reporting problem for Microsoft to correct.```$ Update-HelpUpdate-Help: Failed to update Help for the modules 'ConfigDefenderPerformance, PSReadline' with UI cultures {en-US} : One or more errors occurred. Response...
  7. Reportiing: PowerShell 7 latest update-help fails on ConfigDefenderPerformance with a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why does my computer stall consistantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer stall consistantly?: When I use the computer for 5 to 20 minutes, it freezes. I have to pull the plug to shot it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-stall-consistantly/1e4f1cc7-f1f7-48fb-ad9b-edeee671c4ac
  9. Why does my computer stall consistantly?

Why does my computer stall consistantly?: When I use the computer for 5 to 20 minutes, it freezes. I have to pull the plug to shot it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-stall-consistantly/1e4f1cc7-f1f7-48fb-ad9b-edeee671c4ac
  10. Update stall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stall: Windows 10 update says I need to Manually uninstall MCafee VirusScan Enterprise Edition. I don't have the program, I have gone to their website for help, received this Run Command, "msiexec /x {CE15D1B6-19B6-4D4D-8F43-CF5D2C3356FF} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R" Ran it, Says "This...