Windows 10: Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

Discus and support Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In a PowerShell 7.0.1 prompt, when I type the following: Update-Help -Verbose it just sits there doing nothing. No error, nothing. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fred Morrison, May 19, 2020 at 2:22 PM.

1. Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

In a PowerShell 7.0.1 prompt, when I type the following:

Update-Help -Verbose

it just sits there doing nothing. No error, nothing.

My environment:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.836
    • $PSVersionTable output:

Name Value

---- -----

PSVersion 7.0.1

PSEdition Core

GitCommitId 7.0.1

OS Microsoft Windows 10.0.18363

Platform Win32NT

PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}

PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3

SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1

WSManStackVersion 3.0

:)

Fred Morrison, May 19, 2020 at 2:22 PM
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

4. Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

Cannot Update Powershell Help with the "Update-Help" Command

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/mod...

Hope it works

vanshitavanshita, May 19, 2020 at 2:25 PM
Thema:

Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ?

1. Why does PowerShell 7.0.1 Update-Help stall ? - Similar Threads - Why does PowerShell

2. PowerShell: update-help failing

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell: update-help failing: Good Morning, Please can someone explain why I am receiving the following error when I use theupdate-help command in PowerShell and how I can fix it - update-help : Failed to update Help for the modules : 'AppBackgroundTask, AppLocker, Appx, AssignedAccess, BitLocker,...
  3. Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88%: So my system has been trying to install the November 1903 update for the past few months and failing every time. I just tried a few times yesterday and it kept stalling at 88% then citing error 0xc1900223 I have also tried to install it manually, it downloaded the update...
  4. Clean I stall help

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean I stall help: I was following the clean install without external device procedures. I shrunk my c:/ , and created a new partition. Now I have 2 extra partitions I didnt create. And something had went wrong with diskpart because when I ran the for diskpart or chkdsk I get an error saying...
  5. The Next Release of PowerShell - PowerShell 7

in Windows 10 News
    The Next Release of PowerShell - PowerShell 7: Recently, the PowerShell Team shipped the Generally Available (GA) release of PowerShell Core 6.2. Since that release, we’ve already begun work on the next iteration! We’re calling the next release PowerShell 7, the reasons for which will be explained in this blog post. Why...
  6. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?: Instead it returns "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1 + Get-MpComputerStatus + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status],...
  7. Why does help not work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does help not work?: Every time I run into an issue with Windows 10, and there's a "get help" button, or link, or question mark, or whatever, when I click the critter, it opens Edge, and goes to the webpage touting the (un)awesome and (non)working features of Windows 10. What's up with that,...
  8. powershell help does not seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powershell help does not seem to work: When I try help in powershell i don't get any help. I get as given in pic. [img] What to do to get proper help? 113981
  9. Stalled Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stalled Updates?: That is what it looks like to me on my wife's computer: 1. Before the Feb2018 Cumulative Update even started to download, updates for Malicious Software and Defender Antivirus were shown as waiting to install. 2. Cumulative downloaded, has been on install 100% for at...
  10. Updates Stalled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates Stalled: I've been out of town for about 10 days, knew that build 10130 was available so I fired up the PC to get the update. The problem is I have a couple of other updates downloading but they have stalled. I've shut down and restarted 2 times hoping they would continue but now...