Windows 10: Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Discus and support Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Instead it returns "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1 + Get-MpComputerStatus +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Instead it returns
    "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1
    + Get-MpComputerStatus
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status], CimException
    + FullyQualiFiedErrorId : MI RESULT 16,6et-MpComputerStatus.

:)

Sebastian42, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 26, 2018
  3. KieX Win User
    Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

4. Mark Isi Win User

Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

1. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ? - Similar Threads - Why does Powershell

2. Powershell - object return

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell - object return: Hello, I made a simple program that print specified computers in our Domain, sadly there is a problem with returning an object from a function after call. First call does not work, 2nd print same output 2 times. Do you have any idea how to display it in a first run? As far as...
  3. Powershell - object return

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell - object return: Hello, I made a simple program that print specified computers in our Domain, sadly there is a problem with returning an object from a function after call. First call does not work, 2nd print same output 2 times. Do you have any idea how to display it in a first run? As far as...
  4. Powershell - object return

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting Powershell Return Code 2147942401

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Powershell Return Code 2147942401: I'm trying to run a capture of devices in AAD that have not checked in for 90+ days then remove the corresponding AD devices. Using scripts deployed through the Task Scheduler.The process is currently two separate scripts. The first script connects to AAD, searches for...
  6. Getting Powershell Return Code 2147942401

Getting Powershell Return Code 2147942401: I'm trying to run a capture of devices in AAD that have not checked in for 90+ days then remove the corresponding AD devices. Using scripts deployed through the Task Scheduler.The process is currently two separate scripts. The first script connects to AAD, searches for...
  7. why does powershell pop up randomly

why does powershell pop up randomly: Hello, i dont know why Windows PowerShell its randomly opening while i use my laptop for example when i was in the middle of my League of Legends match it random opens and then closes, i tryed to solve it with some tutorials and nothing worked if someone can help me will be...
  8. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  9. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  10. Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error: Hi, When I am trying to get result from powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" it is throwing below error: [ATTACH] I have checked the WinDefend service it is in started status. Checked event logs it is showing caused due to unknown error. OS edition : Windows 7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed.

2. get-mpcomputerstatus

3. WMI select * from msft_mpcomputerstatus

4. The extrinsic Method could not be executed. mpcoputerstatus,
  5. powershell error the extrinic method could not be executed,
  6. get-mpcomputerstatus problem,
  7. the extrinsic method could not be executed,
  8. Get-MpComputerStatus error,
  9. Get-MpComputerStatus The extrinsic Method could not be executed,
  10. how to run Get-MpComputerStatus on a remote pc,
  11. get-mpcomputerstatus failing,
  12. WMI MSFT_MPComputerStatus returns blank,
  13. MSFT_MPComputerStatus returns blank,