Windows 10: Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Discus and support Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Instead it returns "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1 + Get-MpComputerStatus +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Instead it returns
    "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1
    + Get-MpComputerStatus
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status], CimException
    + FullyQualiFiedErrorId : MI RESULT 16,6et-MpComputerStatus.

:)

Sebastian42, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 26, 2018
  3. KieX Win User
    Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

4. Mark Isi Win User

Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

1. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ? - Similar Threads - Why does Powershell

2. Powershell // Initialisation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell // Initialisation Error: Hi all, don´t know whether i chose the right Category..... tried to open my Powershell today and it closes immediately after start..... To get more Information i opended cmd and typed Powershell what gave me the following Error: Die Shell kann nicht gestartet werden....
  3. Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.: It would sound more serious if the question were posed more scientifically such as "why does the audio waveform of the Microsoft David read-aloud become at times distorted and its amplitude dimished" but that would not convey the question most exactly and effectively. When...
  4. GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT: Today i am sharing PowerShell script and registry setting to trace extending supporting of windows update error log file step 1 add registry keys and values by cmd reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace" reg add...
  5. why i'm getting this error 0x80248007?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why i'm getting this error 0x80248007?: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support - Error 0x80248007 There is problem while installing "SMS/MMS" driver which is listed in "Other Devices" in "Device Manager"....
  6. Why does AOL attach AOL.com to an email address. Whch causes the mail to be returned!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does AOL attach AOL.com to an email address. Whch causes the mail to be returned!: Why does AOL attach aol.com to outgoing emails??? This causes the mail to be returned! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-does-aol-attach-aolcom-to-an-email-address/c434fca4-38d3-4d00-ae8b-78a9ec72f3df
  7. powershell help does not seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powershell help does not seem to work: When I try help in powershell i don't get any help. I get as given in pic. [img] What to do to get proper help? 113981
  8. Why does Webroot SecureAnywhere get a bad rep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Webroot SecureAnywhere get a bad rep?: I've watched a few video reviews of security software on YouTube, and Webroot SecureAnywhere seems to do relatively poorly: not the worst, but relatively mediocre overall. I decided to trial it for myself, and so was not expecting much. But I'm actually fairly impressed....
  9. IPv4 name resolution - why does this get lost?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv4 name resolution - why does this get lost?: I have a two PCs on the same subnet, hardwired into the same router. Every night they timeout and sleep, Every morning my KVM software Microsoft's Mouse without Borders complains (on each PC) that it cannot find the other PC. Both PCs have fixed (not dynamic) IPv4 addrs....
  10. Annoying error in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying error in PowerShell: I have a directory E:\Documents\Steve's\New Documents\Tax If I navigate to this directory in explorer, and then use the File->Open Windows Powershell mechanism, then Windows PowerShell opens with the error: The string is missing the terminator: '. + CategoryInfo :...