Windows 10: Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation?

Discus and support Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation? I am printing to file and need this without page breaks or cut off's due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B........, Oct 10, 2019.

1. B........ Win User

Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation?

I am printing to file and need this without page breaks or cut off's due to width constraints. Additionally, custom form sizes cannot be utilized here.

Please fix this. This has been an issue with Windows from day one even with past versions. I tried calling Technical Support and they were clueless.

:)

B........, Oct 10, 2019

2. Microsoft Print to PDF - custom paper sizes possible?

Hi,

We suggest that you try to set the paper size of the exact document first. You can create a custom page size before you proceed with
    Microsoft Print to PDF, it should auto-detect the paper size of the document.

To set the paper size in Microsoft Office:

• Click on the Page Layout/Page Design tab.
    • Click on Size, and then in the options available, click on
      More Paper Sizes...
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and scroll down to the last option which is
      Custom size
      . You will be able to customize your preferred paper size.
    • Once done, click on OK, and then proceed with Microsoft Print to PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Oct 10, 2019
  3. On photo print paper size. I would like to have a 11X17 print paper size.Would it be possible to add a user defined section on paper size?

Yes, I have that shown. But when I go to paper size on my Epson WF-7610 I have 13 paper sizes shown. None have a 11X17. I can get legal size for the largest paper. I would like to print 11X17 either as listed or user defined for me to size.

David A.Smith1, Oct 10, 2019
  4. LynByars Win User

Paper sizes

I'm running Windows 10; I have an HP Officejet 7610. I've been using an old version of Adobe Photoshop Essentials (on an old Dell laptop---incredibly slow). I just subscribed to Adobe Photoshop (as the software doesn't seem to be available on CD anymore)
    With my old program, I could print poster sizes 11 x 17 and 13 x 20. These options are no longer available when I using Photoshop. Any suggestions for adding paper sizes to the dropdown list?

LynByars, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation? - Similar Threads - Why does Print

2. Print on ledger sized paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print on ledger sized paper: How do I change my print settings in Excel to print on ledger sized paper? 11 X 17 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-ledger-sized-paper/d45e5f4a-2851-4151-9a56-129b62ef2d91
  3. Print on ledger sized paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print on ledger sized paper: How do I change my print settings in Excel to print on ledger sized paper? 11 X 17 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-ledger-sized-paper/d45e5f4a-2851-4151-9a56-129b62ef2d91
  4. Print on ledger sized paper

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected: I have configured a generic / text only printer to print instrument and alarm status in our company. I needed the file in notepad. It previously worked, printed properly with all the right details. However, for some reason I can't determine, it has failed to show the data I...
  6. Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected: I have configured a generic / text only printer to print instrument and alarm status in our company. I needed the file in notepad. It previously worked, printed properly with all the right details. However, for some reason I can't determine, it has failed to show the data I...
  7. Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. scaling to the paper size when printing

in Windows 10 Customization
    scaling to the paper size when printing: My previous WORD had the option of scaling the printed picture or text to fit the paper size. Can this still be done with office and home 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scaling-to-the-paper-size-when-printing/457124bc-5c2c-45ea-9cdd-8740740adbbe
  9. On photo print paper size. I would like to have a 11X17 print paper size.Would it be...

On photo print paper size. I would like to have a 11X17 print paper size.Would it be...: On photo print paper size. I would like to have a 11X17 print paper size. Would it be possible to add a user defined section on paper size or include a 11X17 photo paper size?...
  10. Error printing on Generic Text Only printer -Win10

Error printing on Generic Text Only printer -Win10: I run an application that requires printing to the Generic Text only print driver. Hsve been running it for years - fitst in WinXP, then in Windows 7 and it ran fine - no problems. Renently set up new computer with win10 pro x64 and cannot get the generic only text driver to...