Windows 10: Why does process prioritizing deteriorate drastically after I lock and unlock my PC?

Discus and support Why does process prioritizing deteriorate drastically after I lock and unlock my PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running an i7-8700k at stock speed. It's a very fast processor and this is most certainly an issue with Windows and how it shuffles things around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrewx3n, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Andrewx3n Win User

Why does process prioritizing deteriorate drastically after I lock and unlock my PC?

I'm running an i7-8700k at stock speed. It's a very fast processor and this is most certainly an issue with Windows and how it shuffles things around to give speed and responsiveness where it's needed, because this happens all the time - and it's always between a lock/unlock cycle.

Today, I started rendering a video project with Vegas, and also started batch converting a folder of H.264 video files to H.265. The processor is pinned at 100%, but it's no problem, everything else is snappy and responsive as usual. There's hardly a perceptible difference between that and idle speed.

But then I'm going away from my computer for a few hours, so I lock it (Win+L). I come back, unlock it, and continue doing stuff and it's very laggy and the responsiveness has dropped off drastically. I'll restart programs, restart explorer.exe, and even manually change the priority of the rendering/converting processes, and give them each only one logical core to work with.

The issue persists. There's never a complete recovery of the responsiveness I had before I locked my PC, until I do a full blown restart.

Any ideas what might be happening here? Is there something I can change in the group policy or registry to help with this?

:)

Andrewx3n, Nov 19, 2018

2. Unlock the windows PC using Dynamic lock.

Dynamic Lock automatically locks my PC when I step away from it. So I'd like it automatically unlock when I get back to it.

I find the Dynamic lock feature incomplete without it automatically unlocking the PC.

Anwesh Gangula, Nov 19, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unlocker Free Alternative?

Lockhunter seems pretty good.
    Key Features

• Shows processes locking a file or folder
    • Gives you detailed information on the process
    • Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
    • Can delete a file at next OS restart
    • Allows to kill locking process
    • Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
    • Can unload DLLs from processes
    • Integrates in to Explorer menu
    • It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
    • Supports both 32 and 64 bit Windows

LockHunter is a free 64/32 bit tool to delete files blocked by any processes

dalchina, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Why does process prioritizing deteriorate drastically after I lock and unlock my PC?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Why does process prioritizing deteriorate drastically after I lock and unlock my PC?

1. Why does process prioritizing deteriorate drastically after I lock and unlock my PC? - Similar Threads - Why does process

2. why does my audio drastically drop in quality once i startup a game ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my audio drastically drop in quality once i startup a game ?: this problem started a few months ago. when i boot up a game, whether i am using my speakers or my headphones, the audio quality drops dramatically, and the only normal audio is during voice chat, is there any way to fix this ? i usually like listening to music or a podcast...
  3. I remotely locked my pc and now pc not unlocking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I remotely locked my pc and now pc not unlocking: I use find and lock lost device by Microsoft in i only want to test the lock option and i thought it will open also from that same website but this not and i really need some tips to unlock my pc and in mine when i lock the pc there is not option to change the password please...
  4. I remotely locked my pc and now pc not unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I remotely locked my pc and now pc not unlocking: I use find and lock lost device by Microsoft in i only want to test the lock option and i thought it will open also from that same website but this not and i really need some tips to unlock my pc and in mine when i lock the pc there is not option to change the password please...
  5. Why does a lock and unlock appear on my screen after touching the tiny oval buttons and how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a lock and unlock appear on my screen after touching the tiny oval buttons and how...: I pressed some tiny buttons on my windows 10 and it shows a lock and unlock on my screen and i dont know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-a-lock-and-unlock-appear-on-my-screen/05c7f00f-0594-4ade-81fa-95baecb391ca
  6. Why does a lock and unlock appear on my screen after touching the tiny oval buttons and how...

Why does a lock and unlock appear on my screen after touching the tiny oval buttons and how...: I pressed some tiny buttons on my windows 10 and it shows a lock and unlock on my screen and i dont know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-a-lock-and-unlock-appear-on-my-screen/05c7f00f-0594-4ade-81fa-95baecb391ca
  7. Why does a lock and unlock appear on my screen after touching the tiny oval buttons and how...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Microphone quality deteriorates after restarting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone quality deteriorates after restarting PC: I have a MAONO AU-A04. It works fine when I go to device manager and mess around with USB drivers. I say 'mess around' due to the fact there is not a reliable to that solves the issue every time. What works sometimes is going to:sounds>recording>right click on USB condenser...
  9. Microphone quality deteriorates after restarting PC

Microphone quality deteriorates after restarting PC: I have a MAONO AU-A04. It works fine when I go to device manager and mess around with USB drivers. I say 'mess around' due to the fact there is not a reliable to that solves the issue every time. What works sometimes is going to:sounds>recording>right click on USB condenser...
  10. Microphone quality deteriorates after restarting PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware