Windows 10: Why does Programs and Features show the wrong version of Office products?

Discus and support Why does Programs and Features show the wrong version of Office products? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed that the versions of Office 2016 and Project Pro 2016 displayed in Programs and Features is not the same as in the app. Programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Austin_31, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Austin_31 Win User

Why does Programs and Features show the wrong version of Office products?

I've noticed that the versions of Office 2016 and Project Pro 2016 displayed in Programs and Features is not the same as in the app.

Programs and Features shows our original install version of Office 2016 16.0.4266.1001 but the app shows the correct version according to the latest patch 16.0.5113.1000.

This is preventing us from accurately reporting on Office versions in our environment. Is this normal behavior?

** Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Outlook / Windows10 / Office 2016 **

:)

Austin_31, Mar 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Uninstalled Office

Hello Jimmy, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest the following steps which were provided by Microsoft Support:

Go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs) and find the Microsoft Office installation. Click Change (or Repair) and run the repair on the software. If there is no Microsoft Office program listed there then you should reinstall the
    Office product from the original install media

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Why does Programs and Features show the wrong version of Office products?

Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

When I click Start to show everything program on my computer the office individual products are not listed all under

Microsoft Office 2016 but they are all listed as individual start programs. Is this how 2016 does it because 2013 just showed Microsoft Office 2013 and you click on it and drop down menu shows all the programs such as Word, Access. etc.

Have I done something wrong when installing or can it be changed to all go under Microsoft Office 2016

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TGMcCallie, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Why does Programs and Features show the wrong version of Office products?

1. Why does Programs and Features show the wrong version of Office products? - Similar Threads - Why does Programs

2. Programs and Features does not show all Programs since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and Features does not show all Programs since last update: Like stated, there are a lot of Programs missing from the Programs and Features this includes the alternative version Apps & features.Since the latest update the list loads faster, but shows less.Example:I have the Game Fable installed and yes, the installation has no...
  3. Programs and Features does not show all Programs since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs and Features does not show all Programs since last update: Like stated, there are a lot of Programs missing from the Programs and Features this includes the alternative version Apps & features.Since the latest update the list loads faster, but shows less.Example:I have the Game Fable installed and yes, the installation has no...
  4. Programs and Features does not show all Programs since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  6. Some programs not showing in programs and features

Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  7. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Wrong Office version set as default

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Wrong Office version set as default: I'm moving from Office 2007 to Office 365 but I don't want to uninstall 2007 until I'm confident in my use of 365. (And maybe upgrade my PC. It seems to me that performance has slowed with 365.) The problem is that my file association only says "Microsoft Word". It doesn't...
  9. Wrong Office version set as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Office version set as default: I'm moving from Office 2007 to Office 365 but I don't want to uninstall 2007 until I'm confident in my use of 365. (And maybe upgrade my PC. It seems to me that performance has slowed with 365.) The problem is that my file association only says "Microsoft Word". It doesn't...
  10. MS Office not showing on the installed list in Programs and Features

MS Office not showing on the installed list in Programs and Features: My Windows 10 system does not show MS Office (2016 v.1811 - which is activated and I use regularly) in the installed list under Programs and Features. I have reviewed online help which seems to indicate I have to uninstall and reinstall. I did not purchase install media....