Windows 10: why does quick scan "time remaining" move up rather than down

Discus and support why does quick scan "time remaining" move up rather than down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; why does quick scan "time remaining" show on my monitor as moving up not down?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ericberman2, Aug 7, 2019.

1. why does quick scan "time remaining" move up rather than down

why does quick scan "time remaining" show on my monitor as moving up not down?

:)

ericberman2, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Quick Scan?

Not necessarily. The time taken is calculated from the actual start and finish times. If you put the machine to Sleep/Hibernate part way through a scan the time taken will include the time spent asleep. Here's a quick scan that I put to sleep for more than 15 minutes part way through....

why does quick scan "time remaining" move up rather than down [​IMG]

Uninterrupted, the same quick scan takes 1 minute 23 seconds.

Bree, Aug 7, 2019
  3. BTC55 Win User
    Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Compumind Win User

why does quick scan "time remaining" move up rather than down

Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

why does quick scan "time remaining" move up rather than down

1. why does quick scan "time remaining" move up rather than down - Similar Threads - why does quick

2. Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?: When I want to move a file elsewhere such as from hard drive to flash drive, I click "Send to" and click the destination without any problem. It appears at the destination, but it is also still there at the source as if it merely copied instead and being dragged. Also if I...
  3. Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?: When I want to move a file elsewhere such as from hard drive to flash drive, I click "Send to" and click the destination without any problem. It appears at the destination, but it is also still there at the source as if it merely copied instead and being dragged. Also if I...
  4. Audio balancing: both sliders move up simultaneously rather than individually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio balancing: both sliders move up simultaneously rather than individually: I want to make one earphone louder than the other, but I am unable to do this as when I try to adjust the headphones separate volume levels, they both end up moving, here's a screenshot:...
  5. Audio balancing: both sliders move up simultaneously rather than individually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio balancing: both sliders move up simultaneously rather than individually: I want to make one earphone louder than the other, but I am unable to do this as when I try to adjust the headphones separate volume levels, they both end up moving, here's a screenshot:...
  6. Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?: My cpu is overheating and im going to change the thermal laste but im not sure if thats the problem Gpu: gtx 1060 3gb Cpu: core i7 8700k submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop shuts down rather than sleeps when it remains idle for some time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down rather than sleeps when it remains idle for some time: Dear All, My laptop (Windows 10), without any obvious reason, shuts down rather than going to sleep or hibernation mode after remaining idle for some time. And that, without the battery being in critical status. I would much appreciate your help with the above problem....
  8. Why is the Battery Time Remaining Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the Battery Time Remaining Not Showing Up: Whenever I hover over the battery icon, it only shows the battery percentage remaining, it doesn't also show the battery time remaining. When I click on the battery icon, it still doesn't show the battery time remaining. I even clicked on the battery settings, but it didn't...
  9. Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming: Rather than taking complicated workaround steps to rename a Quick Access folder, which technically is not renaming it, why not just change the folder icon: Browse to the original folder location, right-click, Properties, Customize tab; Change icon, browse to desired icon, OK,...
  10. Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010: When I use the Archive tool to manually create a PST file, I've noticed the e-mails are removed from the client and into the PST.Is it possible to create the archive and keeping the e-mails intact within the client? 102222

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window security scan estimated time increasing

2. estimated time remaining scan options

3. explain quick scan estimated time remaining

4. windows security scan estimated time remaining up down,
  5. windows security scan estimated time remaining up not down