Windows 10: Why does "Recent activities" in Windows search direct me to the online versions of my...

Discus and support Why does "Recent activities" in Windows search direct me to the online versions of my... in Cortana to solve the problem; It's really annoying. If I've been working on example.docx and it's saved locally in my OneDrive folder so that it gets backed up, it shows up when I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Paul_341, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Paul_341 Win User

Why does "Recent activities" in Windows search direct me to the online versions of my...

It's really annoying. If I've been working on example.docx and it's saved locally in my OneDrive folder so that it gets backed up, it shows up when I click on the search bar, but then if I click on it, it opens a browser window and goes to the file on onedrive.live.com/blahblahblah and opens the web version of the document. If I actually type the name out, example.docx, then I can click on the local version and it opens it in the actual Word application. The recent documents feature would be very convenient, but as it is, it seems like it's just teasing me with how easy it would be while still

:)

Paul_341, Sep 30, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20236 | Windows Insider Blog

Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Device Search History in Windows 10

How to Clear Your Device Search History in Windows 10

Brink, Sep 30, 2021
  3. How Can I Delete "Recent Activity" list from Microsoft Store???

I followed the instructions....the RECENT ACTIVITY list remains in the store. I found other windows people who state it cannot be deleted. (I hope that is in error and there is a way)

Any more direct suggestions?

Mike Lewis55, Sep 30, 2021
  4. Why does "Recent activities" in Windows search direct me to the online versions of my...

Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

Why does "Recent activities" in Windows search direct me to the online versions of my...

1. Why does "Recent activities" in Windows search direct me to the online versions of my... - Similar Threads - Why does Recent

2. Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to view...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to view...: Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to open or view them even when online. When I click on the email, all emails scroll up and disappear....
  3. My PC recently started asking me to activate saying “Windows not activated as they couldn’t...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My PC recently started asking me to activate saying “Windows not activated as they couldn’t...: My PC recently started asking me to activate saying “Windows not activated on my device as they couldn’t connect to my Organization’s activation server. Make sure I am connected to my organization’s network and try again. error code: 0x8007007B” And if the problems not...
  4. My PC recently started asking me to activate saying “Windows not activated as they couldn’t...

My PC recently started asking me to activate saying “Windows not activated as they couldn’t...: My PC recently started asking me to activate saying “Windows not activated on my device as they couldn’t connect to my Organization’s activation server. Make sure I am connected to my organization’s network and try again. error code: 0x8007007B” And if the problems not...
  5. How to disable or delete recently closed or recent activity in search window

in Cortana
    How to disable or delete recently closed or recent activity in search window: [IMG] Data persists even when I delete programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-or-delete-recently-closed-or-recent/8256dbdc-6b3a-4b2e-ab5c-7e2a32716d29"
  6. Why didn't my Windows directly update to version 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why didn't my Windows directly update to version 1909?: I believe I was running version 1803 and it was going to be outdated soon. So, I updated windows and successfully installed version 1903. Now, I see a prompt for optional 1909 update. Why didn't I get this prompt before? submitted by /u/Yash_swaraj [link] [comments]...
  7. Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version: Windows keeps prompting me with a mandatory update that must be scheduled. However, when I let it update, not only does it take nearly 30 minutes to complete, but it reverts me back to the previous version of windows at the end... Then, once I use my computer again, it...
  8. Version 1903 - Clear Recent Activity in Search Menu

in Cortana
    Version 1903 - Clear Recent Activity in Search Menu: I'm having an issue with my search menu saving my activity, I would like it to clear my recent activity so it doesn't save on the search menu. Thanks....
  9. Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?: I am a Windows 10 Insider but I am not able to update... even though I am continued to be badgered to update Windows won't fricking let me. Does anyone know how I can fix this? My Windows build is 18282.rs_prerelease.181109-1613... I don't know if that matters or not....
  10. Recently had to chat with MS online tech to reactivate, tell me why?

Recently had to chat with MS online tech to reactivate, tell me why?: I have a win10 PC. It had said activated and said linked to my Microsoft account. I had been getting a few we need you to sign in again messages to verify it was me, which I dont understand that day. Anyway, I put in a drive to clone the OS. The drive had an older OS...