Windows 10: Why does resetting the pc require installation media?

Discus and support Why does resetting the pc require installation media? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I soft resettled my pc yesterday and when I try to do it today it refuses to let me do it without the installation media. Why is that? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mr_the_europe, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Why does resetting the pc require installation media?

So I soft resettled my pc yesterday and when I try to do it today it refuses to let me do it without the installation media. Why is that?

submitted by /u/mr_the_europe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mr_the_europe, Mar 21, 2020

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Why does resetting the pc require installation media?

There was a problem resetting your Pc Windows 10

Hi Anshad,

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Advanced Options > Reset This PC > Keep everything.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Why does resetting the pc require installation media?

1. Why does resetting the pc require installation media? - Similar Threads - Why does resetting

2. How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?: I already went to the settings and the blue screen and there was no option to reset. I was able to do it before I believe on the windows 10 but im on 11 now....
  3. How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?: I already went to the settings and the blue screen and there was no option to reset. I was able to do it before I believe on the windows 10 but im on 11 now....
  4. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/c3de55b6-bb6c-470d-8dda-640bc0046d1f
  5. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/c3de55b6-bb6c-470d-8dda-640bc0046d1f
  6. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/fbc37c82-17a1-4633-a8a2-ab32f17836cd
  7. Why does my PC not meet Windows 11 requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC not meet Windows 11 requirements: I have a PC that is an i&-*** Email address is removed for privacy *** with 32Gig of RAM - yet it fails the Windows 11 test. This PC is much faster and more powerful than my laptop that has already loaded up Windows 11. Can anyone tell me why since the Windows assistant...
  8. Why does my PC not meet Windows 11 requirements

Why does my PC not meet Windows 11 requirements: I have a PC that is an i&-*** Email address is removed for privacy *** with 32Gig of RAM - yet it fails the Windows 11 test. This PC is much faster and more powerful than my laptop that has already loaded up Windows 11. Can anyone tell me why since the Windows assistant...
  9. Why does Windows update install intel media drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Windows update install intel media drivers: First time I'm seeing these two updates pushed. I'm not using any Intel GPU. Why does Windows update push these? [img] 132465
  10. Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool?: Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-resetting-pc-remove-the-media-creation-tool/ea88579c-8113-485a-9bc7-b7effc587303