Windows 10: Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ?

Discus and support Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I do some testing. I reset my PC with no backup to save (remove all files), and also I select the quick option (with less secure). Then, it took more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaXi32, Aug 16, 2019.

1. MaXi32 Win User

Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ?

I do some testing. I reset my PC with no backup to save (remove all files), and also I select the quick option (with less secure). Then, it took more than 2 hours for the reset to finish but if I use the Windows USB drive to format my computer, it just finished less than 20 minutes. So, my question is why resetting the PC is slower than formatting ?

Please note that, the recovery partition does not belong to any manufactures. It's a clean fresh windows installation on the partition. So, if you blame the manufacturer for putting bloatware in the recovery partition, I don't think so.

:)

MaXi32, Aug 16, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Aug 16, 2019
  4. EarthDog Win User

Is my SSD killing Windows? [UPDATE: fixed]

SE = Secure Erase the drive. This 'resets' it back to out-of-the-factory (writes 0/1's to it essentially). IIRC, you have to initialize the drive again to be able to see it. Its a step or two deeper than formatting it through Windows.

EarthDog, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ? - Similar Threads - Why does resetting

2. Why Windows 11 is slower than 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 11 is slower than 10?: I have just updated my system to Windows 11 and I feel that Windows 11 has a lot of glitches and many things can be improved. I just don't know why it not seem like a good option or a reliable one. Can anyone tell me what's the issue with it?...
  3. Why Windows 11 is slower than 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows 11 is slower than 10?: I have just updated my system to Windows 11 and I feel that Windows 11 has a lot of glitches and many things can be improved. I just don't know why it not seem like a good option or a reliable one. Can anyone tell me what's the issue with it?...
  4. Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?: My 9 years ago Satellite L55-A5226 which I received as a gift last January 2014, and now it occasionally some apps or software are not responding mostly up to a seconds and sometimes it is about up to 30 seconds long. And it happens in mostly file manager as well task manager...
  5. Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?: My 9 years ago Satellite L55-A5226 which I received as a gift last January 2014, and now it occasionally some apps or software are not responding mostly up to a seconds and sometimes it is about up to 30 seconds long. And it happens in mostly file manager as well task manager...
  6. Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?

7. Windows 11 is slower than Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is slower than Windows 10!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I upgraded to Windows 11 on 9/11/21, my PC starts lagging sometimes when opening start menu animations and slow browsing. But now start menu and other stuff are fine but my PC lags little bit sometimes. I realized that, in task manager my disk...
  8. Windows 11 is slower than Windows 10!

Windows 11 is slower than Windows 10!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I upgraded to Windows 11 on 9/11/21, my PC starts lagging sometimes when opening start menu animations and slow browsing. But now start menu and other stuff are fine but my PC lags little bit sometimes. I realized that, in task manager my disk...
  9. Why does windows restart slower than startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does windows restart slower than startup?: Hi,I own a laptop with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The startup and boot is fast in the laptop. Even the shut down processes is fast. But, when I restart the laptop, it takes more time to startup and boot. Why does this happen?Is it something to do with Fast Startup? If yes, Fast...
  10. Why does Windows 10 cause slower download speed than Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Windows 10 cause slower download speed than Windows 7?: Downloading the same file on the same computer in the same location. Win 7/10 dual boot. Windows 10 downloads the same file 5-10x slower than Windows 7, with the same Intel wifi drivers. It's singlethread download is throttled for some reason I can't figure out why....