Windows 10: Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

Discus and support Why does Robocopy fail this folder? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have this weird folder in my windows 10 system drive, this doesn't seem to be a junction point so I don't know what it is, please see picture. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rodion15, Aug 14, 2021.

1. rodion15 Win User

Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

I have this weird folder in my windows 10 system drive, this doesn't seem to be a junction point so I don't know what it is, please see picture. I am trying to copy it with robocopy from an admin CLI from a WindowsPE off a Windows Installation Media USB stick, with the following command: Robocopy c:\testHere2\ f:\backuptestHere2 /MIR /B /R:0 /NFL /NDL /XJ /NP /XA:O /MIN:1 /XA:S /log:f:\testHere2.txt The errors Im getting are: NOTE : Security may not be copied - Destination might not support persistent ACLs. 2021/08/14 08:39:32 ERROR 0 (0x00000000) Copying File c:\testHere2\a.txtThe operation completed successfully. 2021/08/14 08:39:32 ERROR 0 (0x00000000) Copying File c:\testHere2\george fn.rbxlThe operation completed successfully. 2021/08/14 08:39:32 ERROR 0 (0x00000000) Copying File c:\testHere2\Jorge Antonio's Notebook.urlThe operation completed successfully. For some reason it is failing to copy these files (it copies them empty), however, it copies them when I run the command from an admin Windows PowerShell inside Windows. I guess the line on top indicates a permissions issue? Anyone could help clarify what kind of folder this is and I why robocopy fails from CLI? Windows10 21H1

:)

rodion15, Aug 14, 2021

2. Robocopy copies folders not in Documents to my backup Documents folder on 2nd drive.

Two things:

• You must surroound your folder names with double quotes:

robocopy "C:\Users\my name\Documents . . ." "D:\Dropbox\my name\Documents
      . . ."
    • Robocopy often hides target folders, causing users to think they are missing. Look for hidden folders.

Frederik Long, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Why does Robocopy fail this folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Why does Robocopy fail this folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox

I have successfully created and used the following batch file in windows10

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Documents\Test C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

However when I run the batch below to copy the contents of a folder in Dropbox I get

ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts\
    The system cannot find the file specified.

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

Any suggestions to resolve this

ColinKinsella, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

1. Why does Robocopy fail this folder? - Similar Threads - Why does Robocopy

2. Robocopy missing some files and folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Robocopy missing some files and folders: We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows...
  3. why does this update continuously fail to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does this update continuously fail to install: [ATTACH] I've tried multiple times but it just gives me the same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-update-continuously-fail-to-install/554bb817-c1ea-48ac-bc00-460c10dc526a
  4. Folder not showing in explorer after robocopy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder not showing in explorer after robocopy: I used robocopy to backup the entire c:/ of a Win10 machine to an external harddrive. The bootloader of that machine is toast, so I'm doing this from CMD on a recovery disk. When the backup is done, if I run dir on the external drive I see nothing, but I can cd into the...
  5. Why does Desktop folder keep freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Desktop folder keep freezing?: When I try to use the Desktop folder or window, it keeps freezing. It freeZes when I try to move the scroll bar. It also freezes when I try to update filenames or delete files. I have to click on the "X" inb the upper righthand to make it close. Then, the Desktop is...
  6. Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror: Hi 3 PC's Windows 10 fully updated I have used Robocopy on three PC's for a couple of years. I have a USB that I use at work then when I get home I mirror the USB to my PC's This has always worked well but now on one of my PC's nothing changes in the Target older. My...
  7. How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?: Hi Recently i want to migrate my laptop to my desktop data, and i want to do it batch by batch So it is the below command is the correct command to copy the folder name start with A robocopy C:\Users\xxx\ a*.* /S ?MIR Z:\Users\xxx\ /COPY:DT /DCOPY:T Thank You...
  8. Why does "NET USE" command fail ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does "NET USE" command fail ?: No matter how I code this command (Entered password, encoded password, or PASTED password), if fails with "The specified password is not correct". [img] Yet I can fire up file explorer and MAP the drive and it works. The second command listed is to show that a...
  9. Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox: I have successfully created and used the following batch file in windows10 robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Documents\Test C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup pause However when I run the batch below to copy the contents of a folder in Dropbox I get ERROR 2 (0x00000002)...
  10. Robocopy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Robocopy: I like Robocopy and used it for a long time but after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it got in a loop when I tried to back up via the Documents and Settings Junction. I know that I didn’t change permissions on this folder. But If I try to open it, I get "Access...