Windows 10: Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

Discus and support Why does Robocopy fail this folder? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have this weird folder in my windows 10 system drive, this doesn't seem to be a junction point so I don't know what it is, please see picture. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rodion15, Aug 14, 2021.

1. rodion15 Win User

Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

I have this weird folder in my windows 10 system drive, this doesn't seem to be a junction point so I don't know what it is, please see picture. I am trying to copy it with robocopy from an admin CLI from a WindowsPE off a Windows Installation Media USB stick, with the following command: Robocopy c:\testHere2\ f:\backuptestHere2 /MIR /B /R:0 /NFL /NDL /XJ /NP /XA:O /MIN:1 /XA:S /log:f:\testHere2.txt The errors Im getting are: NOTE : Security may not be copied - Destination might not support persistent ACLs. 2021/08/14 08:39:32 ERROR 0 (0x00000000) Copying File c:\testHere2\a.txtThe operation completed successfully. 2021/08/14 08:39:32 ERROR 0 (0x00000000) Copying File c:\testHere2\george fn.rbxlThe operation completed successfully. 2021/08/14 08:39:32 ERROR 0 (0x00000000) Copying File c:\testHere2\Jorge Antonio's Notebook.urlThe operation completed successfully. For some reason it is failing to copy these files (it copies them empty), however, it copies them when I run the command from an admin Windows PowerShell inside Windows. I guess the line on top indicates a permissions issue? Anyone could help clarify what kind of folder this is and I why robocopy fails from CLI? Windows10 21H1

:)

rodion15, Aug 14, 2021

2. Robocopy copies folders not in Documents to my backup Documents folder on 2nd drive.

Two things:

• You must surroound your folder names with double quotes:

robocopy "C:\Users\my name\Documents . . ." "D:\Dropbox\my name\Documents
      . . ."
    • Robocopy often hides target folders, causing users to think they are missing. Look for hidden folders.

Frederik Long, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Why does Robocopy fail this folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Why does Robocopy fail this folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox

I have successfully created and used the following batch file in windows10

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Documents\Test C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

However when I run the batch below to copy the contents of a folder in Dropbox I get

ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts\
    The system cannot find the file specified.

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

Any suggestions to resolve this

ColinKinsella, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Why does Robocopy fail this folder?

1. Why does Robocopy fail this folder? - Similar Threads - Why does Robocopy

2. Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive: Robocopy is failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive. I am getting this error New File 31338 C:\Clancy\A_Prime8\AA_FY23\Microsoft\Program - TerryClancy\Guides\MigratingCustomersFromXXXXToYYYY.docx 2023/05/10 10:59:51 ERROR 1 0x00000001 Copying File...
  3. Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive: Robocopy is failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive. I am getting this error New File 31338 C:\Clancy\A_Prime8\AA_FY23\Microsoft\Program - TerryClancy\Guides\MigratingCustomersFromXXXXToYYYY.docx 2023/05/10 10:59:51 ERROR 1 0x00000001 Copying File...
  4. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.: Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO...
  5. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.: Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO...
  6. Robocopy fails to do what it suggests it does,.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy fails to do what it suggests it does,.: So, there there some sort of particular valid reason as to why I cannot see any files being copied over to my destinate file, despite the following:The history log confirms that that action has been completed on the Task Scheduler,Despite creating a BAT file, as below and...
  7. Robocopy fails to do what it suggests it does,.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy fails to do what it suggests it does,.: So, there there some sort of particular valid reason as to why I cannot see any files being copied over to my destinate file, despite the following:The history log confirms that that action has been completed on the Task Scheduler,Despite creating a BAT file, as below and...
  8. Robocopy fails to do what it suggests it does,.

9. Folder not showing in explorer after robocopy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder not showing in explorer after robocopy: I used robocopy to backup the entire c:/ of a Win10 machine to an external harddrive. The bootloader of that machine is toast, so I'm doing this from CMD on a recovery disk. When the backup is done, if I run dir on the external drive I see nothing, but I can cd into the...
  10. How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?: Hi Recently i want to migrate my laptop to my desktop data, and i want to do it batch by batch So it is the below command is the correct command to copy the folder name start with A robocopy C:\Users\xxx\ a*.* /S ?MIR Z:\Users\xxx\ /COPY:DT /DCOPY:T Thank You...