Windows 10: Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??

Discus and support Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have always been able to quickly open the windows app "Run", by just pressing "Windows + R"... That seems to no longer work for some reason, now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AsgerKofod Christiansen, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??

I have always been able to quickly open the windows app "Run", by just pressing "Windows + R"... That seems to no longer work for some reason, now it just randomly marks an icon on the desktop.

:)

AsgerKofod Christiansen, Dec 7, 2022
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??

Windows 10 Store opens for no reason by it's self.

Hi,

To resolve the issue with your Windows Store, we suggest that you reset it by following the steps listed:

• Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe, and click OK.

It will show a command prompt window which is blank, but it is clearing the cache. Just wait for the Store to close and open automatically.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??

1. Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ?? - Similar Threads - Why does Run

2. Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?: Some days ago I have this issue that when I press de CTRL key inmediatly the browser gets open, I've tried refreshing the HID but it didn't work....
  3. Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?: Some days ago I have this issue that when I press de CTRL key inmediatly the browser gets open, I've tried refreshing the HID but it didn't work....
  4. Why does Cortana open when I press any key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Cortana open when I press any key: Why does Cortana pop up everytime I press a key , it could be enter shift backspace , e , f , anything , Cortana apparently doesn't even work in the language my computer is in , additionally the option to disable run at log in isn't even there...
  5. Why does Cortana open when I press any key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Cortana open when I press any key: Why does Cortana pop up everytime I press a key , it could be enter shift backspace , e , f , anything , Cortana apparently doesn't even work in the language my computer is in , additionally the option to disable run at log in isn't even there...
  6. Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??: I have always been able to quickly open the windows app "Run", by just pressing "Windows + R"... That seems to no longer work for some reason, now it just randomly marks an icon on the desktop....
  7. My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening: So for a while now I have tried to open up the Run Command on my windows. Instead of the little window that should be opening an error message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system...
  8. My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening: So for a while now I have tried to open up the Run Command on my windows. Instead of the little window that should be opening an error message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system...
  9. Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?: Makes window startup sound when I press shift. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-make-a-windows-sound-when-i-press/8aa5f846-88f5-4bfb-98f2-96ef72bcc1f7
  10. Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in...: While on tab for url = https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10557/windows-10-app-permissions , small popup message screen-box appeared with following instructions: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in the Run box, and then press "Enter". I...