Windows 10: Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

Discus and support Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?What use is Windows Search if it can't actually help me find things?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dasnauip, Feb 5, 2023.

1. dasnauip Win User

Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?What use is Windows Search if it can't actually help me find things?

:)

dasnauip, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

Windows Hello Issue

Hi Thomas,

To start troubleshooting your concern about Windows Hello, follow any of the methods listed below:

• Method 1: Run Windows 10 Troubleshooter.
    • Go to Search, type troubleshooting, and open Troubleshooting.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click Hardware and Devices.
    • The troubleshooter will start, follow further on-screen instructions.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Method 2: Reinstall Windows Hello drivers.
    • Before you re-install the Windows Hello driver, make sure it's updated. On the other hand, if your Windows Hello driver is up to date, try reinstalling it.
    • Go to Search, type device manage, and open Device Manager.
    • Find your windows Hello driver, right-click and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    • On the next startup, Windows 10 will automatically detect Windows Hello, and install the latest driver for it.
    • Once the driver installs, try running Windows Hello to see if the issue is resolved.
    • Method 3: Make sure your camera drivers are compatible.
    • Make sure that your camera driver is up to date.
    • If your camera drivers are up to date, try reinstalling it.
    • Steps are similar with method 2.
    • Method 4: Turn off Fast Startup.
    • Type power options in the Search box, and open the Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck the checkbox next to Turn on fast startup.
    • Restart your computer, then try running Windows Hello.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

1. Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello? - Similar Threads - Why does searching

2. Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?: Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?What use is Windows Search if it can't actually help me find things? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-searching-for-windows-hello-not-bring-up/85160707-e80a-4a44-b4ef-a0aec8d5239f
  3. window hello does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window hello does not work: Since upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10 my fingerprint reader does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-does-not-work/ab060f27-e05b-46d4-9c8a-2c7c4d9c10d9
  4. window hello does not work

window hello does not work: Since upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10 my fingerprint reader does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-does-not-work/ab060f27-e05b-46d4-9c8a-2c7c4d9c10d9
  5. Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?: I recently did a "reset my PC" while leaving files in place. Now when it boots up, the Windows Hello camera turns on like it did before and the screen says Hello and my name, but then I have to choose another option. I have to click on the Pin entry option. When I give the...
  6. Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?

Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?: I recently did a "reset my PC" while leaving files in place. Now when it boots up, the Windows Hello camera turns on like it did before and the screen says Hello and my name, but then I have to choose another option. I have to click on the Pin entry option. When I give the...
  7. Windows Hello does not setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello does not setup: About a year ago my Surface Book 2 started giving me error messages that it could not start the camera for windows hello. Eventually, it stopped trying to use it all together. At the time not having much time I thought nothing of it. A couple of months ago I tried to set it...
  8. Windows Hello does not work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello does not work: In my system windows Hallo feature doesn't work. It stared working for specific 2 days when I updated windows just few days back. But again it does not work. 144039
  9. Bringing Windows Hello to any app

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bringing Windows Hello to any app: Hello On iOS you can request to bring up a Touch ID or Face ID for specific apps. Requiring to to go through another layer of identification before accessing the app. Is there any way to do the same with Windows Hello? Have Windows Hello pop up when selecting the app (in my...
  10. Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10: While not yet present in the technical preview of Windows 10, a new feature called Windows Hello will bring biometric security to Windows 10 in a native format, essentially eliminating the need for passwords. Instead, you'll be able to log into your Windows device using your...