Windows 10: Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?

Discus and support Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft community, Whenever I open the settings app on my device, I see some settings are "Managed by my organization". My computer isn't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Micah Hartman, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?

Hi Microsoft community,

Whenever I open the settings app on my device, I see some settings are "Managed by my organization". My computer isn't even running Windows 10 Enterprise or linked to a work/school account! How do I turn this off? I want to change my settings!

:)

Micah Hartman, Apr 17, 2021

2. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

I'm trying to enable app notifications, but the slider is grayed out, with a message at the top of the settings pane saying "Some settings are managed by your organization."

• I am not a member of any domain or network
    • The issue has persisted between an antivirus replacement and each of those antivirus programs being disabled
    • I've already tried setting telemetry to "enhanced" and to "full," as many people have suggested, but to no effect.
    • I also do not have the Group Policy Editor, as I am on Home edition, so I am unable to perform any of the fixes through that method.

What do I do?

HyperText404, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Yancyd66 Win User
    *Some settings are managed by your organization

Did that and it doesn't work.

Open Start Menu and type gpedit.msc.

• Right click on gpedit.msc and Run as Administrator.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    • Find Allow Telemetry and double click on it.
    • Change its setting to Enabled and change the drop down menu entry to 3-Full.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Again open the file and change setting like before. That means change Enabled to Not Configured.
    • Still see: *Some settings are managed by your organization.

Then tried regedit suggestion from other community person that didn't work:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications.

Now you will see NoToastApplicationNotification. Double click on it.

Now change its value 1 to 0. 1 is default value. You will make it 0.

Click on OK.

Now, Sign out your Microsoft Account. Sign in again.

Issue with this suggestion is that there is no "PushNotifications" listed.

Yancyd66, Apr 17, 2021
  4. gjc100 Win User

Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?

how to turn off some settings are managed by your organization

how to turn off "some settings are managed by your organization"?

This notice appears in numerous places but the computer is my personal computer.

gjc100, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?

1. Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off? - Similar Threads - Why does Settings

2. why does my computer say one drive is not on? How can I get it to turn on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer say one drive is not on? How can I get it to turn on?: Each time I turn my computer on, a square box pop up and state that one drive is not on. I do not know how to turn it back on or how or who turned it off. Will you please tell me what is going on and how to fix it? Thank you very much....
  3. why does my computer say one drive is not on? How can I get it to turn on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my computer say one drive is not on? How can I get it to turn on?: Each time I turn my computer on, a square box pop up and state that one drive is not on. I do not know how to turn it back on or how or who turned it off. Will you please tell me what is going on and how to fix it? Thank you very much....
  4. why does my computer say one drive is not on? How can I get it to turn on?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...: I want to turn off 'security maintenance' 'autoplay' and 'print notification' but I can't because I can't turn on notifications and even though they're off I still receive them from these 3 apps which is very annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks upfront...
  6. How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...: I want to turn off 'security maintenance' 'autoplay' and 'print notification' but I can't because I can't turn on notifications and even though they're off I still receive them from these 3 apps which is very annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks upfront...
  7. How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Computer is "managed by organization" How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is "managed by organization" How can I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lynet_101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iooszz/computer_is_managed_by_organization_how_can_i_fix/
  9. Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eatmyturdsandwich [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy6y8j/why_are_some_settings_on_my_pc_managed_by_an/
  10. How can I turn off my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I turn off my computer?: I am unable to turn off my computer. It is a Dell computer, operating system 10. When I purchased it, it had an 8.1 operating system. This computer has worked fine until I tried to back up the system onto a external hard drive. After over 24 hours and it was still going,...