Windows 10: Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off

Discus and support Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Settings says my wifi is on but the bar at the bottom says it is off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zman12610, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Zman12610 Win User

Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off

Settings says my wifi is on but the bar at the bottom says it is off

:)

Zman12610, Jun 1, 2021
  2. evie Win User

My wifi says wifi 3. How do I fix that?

After installing a dongle I had wifi and wifi 2, where I was able to connect to the 5GHz that was previously impossible since my laptop is far from the wireless gateway. It only worked for a few months and then quit. I got another one, they are really cheap, thinking I would get lucky. Now I have wifi 3, it wouldn't work properly and I had to keep restarting my computer to find it, when I clicked on properties the properties screen would just flash for a moment and disappear. I gave up. Now when I click on my wifi icon in the task bar it only shows one list, but when I click on properties it says it's wifi 3. I've restored the computer back to 2 days before I got the new dongle. It still says 3. I can't figure out how to make it be back to normal.
    Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off [​IMG]

evie, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off

Wifi on windows 10 constantly saying no internet

The problem is exactly as the title says. I have been using a network adapter for wifi so I can use a wifi hotspot for quite a long time now with no issues. But just recently my wifi randomly kept saying no internet in the list of connectable wifis. this
    is a problem because I cannot use the windows 10 hotspot without the wifi and it is causing issues. I have tried downgrading to an earlier version of windows, updating my drivers, restarting my computer, using the network troubleshooter (this supposedly says
    to have resolved the problem, but the problem reoccurs soon after) Please help.

StevieVillafuerte, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off

1. Why does settings say wifi on but on the bar say it is off - Similar Threads - Why does settings

2. Why does my settings say I have no internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my settings say I have no internet?: I am able to download and play games online with everything except the Xbox app it seems. The bottom right hand corner doesn’t show that I am connected to Internet but I can do everything except use Xbox as if I was. I have to keep signing into things because the pc doesn’t...
  3. Why does my settings say I have no internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my settings say I have no internet?: I am able to download and play games online with everything except the Xbox app it seems. The bottom right hand corner doesn’t show that I am connected to Internet but I can do everything except use Xbox as if I was. I have to keep signing into things because the pc doesn’t...
  4. Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?: Hi Microsoft community, Whenever I open the settings app on my device, I see some settings are "Managed by my organization". My computer isn't even running Windows 10 Enterprise or linked to a work/school account! How do I turn this off? I want to change my settings!...
  5. Why does it say in settings that some settings are hidden or managed by my organisation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does it say in settings that some settings are hidden or managed by my organisation?: Whenever I go onto settings some of them are grayed out and at the top of that page it will say in red: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. I am not in an organisation and I am not connected to a work account so why is this happening, please reply...
  6. Arc mouse settings says turned off and it is not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Arc mouse settings says turned off and it is not: Arc mouse is not working. In settings, it says it is turned off but it is turned on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arc-mouse-settings-says-turned-off-and-it-is-not/9743b396-505c-49e8-a7ab-14e5d4dc943e
  7. It says Minecraft Windows 10 is no longer available. Why does it say that?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It says Minecraft Windows 10 is no longer available. Why does it say that?: Hello, I’m trying to install Minecraft Windows 10 but it says it is no longer available, does anyone know why this is happening? Please tell me if you know anything. Thank you....
  8. Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected

Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected: Hey! When I try to print a document, it says that my HP Envy Photo 7155 printer is offline. I have used the HP wizard thing, it didn't work. I followed the instructions that the hp virtual assistant gave me, didn't work. I tried deleting all the printer software and then...
  9. Find my Device - Wifi on, feature set up, page says 'Off'

Find my Device - Wifi on, feature set up, page says 'Off': Hi, I set this up, on via settings, a few days ago. This feature was introduced in the Nov. upgrade. When I go to the site Sign in to your Microsoft account and log in with the same live id I use as my PC logon, I see my Pc listed, but I see 'Find My Device: Off' There...
  10. Why does notification box say wifi needs attention?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does notification box say wifi needs attention?: Every so often I get a notification in the notification box that my wifi needs attention. Clicking on the notification brings me to Settings>WiFi, but as there is no indication what's wrong or what to do, I'm at a loss what to do next. As far as I can tell my wifi is...