Windows 10: Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...

Discus and support Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I have a few windows open and I right click the task bar and select "Show windows side by side" like this: [ATTACH] The screenshot below is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pete the other one, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...

When I have a few windows open and I right click the task bar and select "Show windows side by side" like this:

Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by... 1be58cb2-609f-47bf-b769-9964768dbbf6?upload=true.jpg

The screenshot below is not the result I expect, but it's what often happens:

Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by... 34541fe2-844f-4acc-8d6e-31a4b97c115d?upload=true.jpg

It doesn't happen all of the time.

Sometimes the windows are correctly displayed side by side.

So what's the cause of this intermittent problem ? It seems like a bug to me.

In case it's relevant I have a dual-screen setup, with the desktop extended onto the external monitor. Both screens exhibit the same behaviour - i.e. sometimes "Show windows side by side" works as it should, but at other times it displays the windows in a grid, as shown above.

Computer details in brief: Personal not company Dell Inspiron 15R N1150 laptop built-in NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M with Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 2004, build 19041.450. Recent fresh install 15 Aug 2020 onto unformatted HDD using a newly created Windows 10 installation bootable USB. Automatic updates enabled. Connected to home private network, not using domains. One local admin account and three local non-admin user accounts. 1366x768 laptop screen plus 1950x1080 external monitor.

:)

Pete the other one, Aug 28, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Cobra-CRU Win User
    Dual display in main window for SLI/Crossfire

W1z,

First of all, I want to thank you for writing such an excellent tool.

After using it for few days, I would like to make a suggestion or two, if you agree that they would be useful.

Would it be possible to move the 'Use Device' list box to the main window, or even better, display the clock settings for both cards on the main window if SLI/Crossfire are enabled?

Also, adding the ability to save both cards clock/fan settings in a single profile would be a welcome addition so that both cards can be OC'ed on startup.

Thanks again!

Cobra-CRU, Aug 28, 2020
  4. damtachoa Win User

Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...

1. Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by... - Similar Threads - Why does Show

2. Show Windows Side by Side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show Windows Side by Side not working: Showing Windows side by side is very useful for online classes! Now when I choose the option it shrinks the windows to 1/4 size boxes as if I chose "show windows stacked". Last week when looking for a fix someone on another site suggested enabling Snap, unchecking the 3rd...
  3. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" is still not working !! I have check this forum for answers but what I see here is this issue coming up again and again without any solutions or REPAIR. It is now 2020, after hundreds of WINODWS 10 updates, fixes and repairs. Side by Side is...
  4. "Show Windows Side by Side" does not work

"Show Windows Side by Side" does not work: "Show windows side by side" does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-side-by-side-does-not-work/31475002-5fe9-4b9e-b892-a3e016d0cc5c
  5. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  6. Side by side not displaying or working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Side by side not displaying or working: Windows 1903 side by side and stacked does not display and will not function. This occurred all of a sudden after working. 138903
  7. Show windows side by side does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side does not work: Show windows side by side does not work. Looks the same as show windows stacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-side-by-side-does-not-work/47607f4c-c34f-4b5f-9b9c-577c8b0b417a
  8. show windows side-by-side

in Windows 10 Customization
    show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  9. Displaying Windows side by side How?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Displaying Windows side by side How?: I have a large screen monitor which is wide enough and high enough to display 2 A4 size sheets in portrait orientation side by side. I have just moved to Windows 10 with this machine and it refuses to position two windows in this manner. I have been using the task bar, right...
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...