Windows 10: Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen?

Discus and support Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use a separate private account for my Edge and Office/OneNote, but I noticed Windows has added that very same account to the login screen without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ProxyACC1, Jan 28, 2022.

1. ProxyACC1 Win User

Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen?

I use a separate private account for my Edge and Office/OneNote, but I noticed Windows has added that very same account to the login screen without asking me, now I have to inconveniently select the right one each time. This is an extreme breach of trust and privacy too because I don't want that account to be known at login. And If I try to remove it in the accounts menu, it strips the account from Office apps too. This makes no sense. How do I just get rid of it for login?

:)

ProxyACC1, Jan 28, 2022
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jan 28, 2022
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen? - Similar Threads - Why does signing

2. Windows 11 add new user and login, the screen blacks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 add new user and login, the screen blacks: I am the administrator of my PC, I add a new account and try to login with the new account.After login, the screen blacks, but I can see the white mouse move around. But I could still access my administrator account.Then I try to login the new account with safe mode, it...
  3. Windows 11 add new user and login, the screen blacks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 add new user and login, the screen blacks: I am the administrator of my PC, I add a new account and try to login with the new account.After login, the screen blacks, but I can see the white mouse move around. But I could still access my administrator account.Then I try to login the new account with safe mode, it...
  4. Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen: Ok, so I just bought a new pc. Got it yesterday, set up the admin profile like I've done on dozens of computers over the years.. Played games for a few hours. Shutdown. Start it this morning, go to login screen. Click Sign In. And it kicks me backs to date and time screen....
  5. Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen: Ok, so I just bought a new pc. Got it yesterday, set up the admin profile like I've done on dozens of computers over the years.. Played games for a few hours. Shutdown. Start it this morning, go to login screen. Click Sign In. And it kicks me backs to date and time screen....
  6. Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen?

Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen?: I use a separate private account for my Edge and Office/OneNote, but I noticed Windows has added that very same account to the login screen without asking me, now I have to inconveniently select the right one each time. This is an extreme breach of trust and privacy too...
  7. Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does signing into Office add a whole new Windows login to my login screen?: I use a separate private account for my Edge and Office/OneNote, but I noticed Windows has added that very same account to the login screen without asking me, now I have to inconveniently select the right one each time. This is an extreme breach of trust and privacy too...
  8. does signing into microsoft office sign into that account for your whole computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does signing into microsoft office sign into that account for your whole computer?: I signed into microsoft office with my school account since it gives it to me for free, does that sign into my school account for my whole computer? I don't want that because it'll download some proctor like stuff tracking everything I do, so I just want to make sure it's not...
  9. Windows signs out to login screen

Windows signs out to login screen: Twice now my OS has logged me out to the login screen. Once during a game and then when not in a game. I have looked and have not installed anything in over a week....
  10. No accounts to login into on sign in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No accounts to login into on sign in screen: When I boot, the login screen shows no usernames--only network, ease of access, and power. Looked for advice. Tried shift+restart... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle twice... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle 3 times... Nothing. What am I doing wrong...