Windows 10: why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it

Discus and support why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi i tried to download a program filezilla and run it and the blue smartscreen pop up with run anyway or don't run i clicked on run anyway but it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by drugo, Aug 14, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it

hi
    i tried to download a program filezilla and run it
    and the blue smartscreen pop up with run anyway or don't run

i clicked on run anyway but it asks me a password
    i have never set a password
    and i'm the administrator

why?
    thanks

:)

drugo, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Raaj_GA Win User
    Raaj_GA, Aug 14, 2015
  3. carey148 Win User
    Why does Cortana ask me to “Enter your old password one last time”?

I am still unable to get past the "Old Password" window. I don't know what "previously used to sign into your computer" is. It is not taking old or new Microsoft password. Cannot set up Cortana.

thanks

carey148, Aug 14, 2015
  4. why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it

Hello "drugo",

It would be greatly appreciated if you supplied us with a screenshot of your issue. *092
    This is help diagnosing your computer.

The only advice I can currently give you is to:
    1. Create a new user account with administrator privileges.
    2. Download FileZilla (FTP client).
    Check if this alerts SmartScreen and if you are allowed to click "run anyway".

Thank you, *chuckle
    Mosaic Mars.

MosaicMars, Aug 15, 2015
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    i did it , re-download filezilla , clicked twice on the exe
    i got this translated
    why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it [​IMG]

i click on run anyway

and i got this

why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it [​IMG]

thanks

drugo, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Drugo, *Smile

Windows SmartScreen requires a password of an administrator to allow.

You'll need to add a password for your account to be able provide it's administrator password in Windows SmartScreen.

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  7. drugo Win User
    *Sad
    thansk Brink

drugo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it

1. why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it - Similar Threads - why does smartscreen

2. Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?: When I try sign to sign into Xbox , I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before, I don’t access to a computer to fix the issue or anything to access my setting because I can’t sign in without the pin, I am sign out of...
  3. Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?: When I try sign to sign into Xbox , I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before, I don’t access to a computer to fix the issue or anything to access my setting because I can’t sign in without the pin, I am sign out of...
  4. Does Microsoft ask me to change my password unreasonably?

Does Microsoft ask me to change my password unreasonably?: I was really panicked when I received this email. I also received a message from Microsoft. I thought my password had been leaked, my computer was no longer safe, and I had to quickly change my password and worry that my password was compromised. But when I checked the login...
  5. Why does Windows ask twice for password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows ask twice for password?: For glarification, I mean the power-on password. When I start my computer, this screen shows up, then I type my password and press enter, then it shows the startup screen, then the screen shuts down for a second and then it puts me back on this screen again. How can I get rid...
  6. Why does Windows ask twice for password?

Why does Windows ask twice for password?: For glarification, I mean the power-on password. When I start my computer, this screen shows up, then I type my password and press enter, then it shows the startup screen, then the screen shuts down for a second and then it puts me back on this screen again. How can I get rid...
  7. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  8. Why does voice recorder keep asking me to set up a microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does voice recorder keep asking me to set up a microphone: When I go to settings sound input and choose an input device from the drop down box, I test the input device and the blue bar moves as I speak. However, when I choose Voice Recorder off the Start menu, it tells me I need to set up a microphone. It appears that my microphones...
  9. Why my password is charged without asking me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my password is charged without asking me?: I once cheated by Microsoft with a application b4 that's why I decide not to by any Microsoft products at all. So first thing first, using pirated version of W10 v19. And yes, solve it if you can to proved that you will be there with me if I purchase your product... I was...
  10. Windows Smartscreen not asking my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Smartscreen not asking my password: The windows smartscreen is not asking my password whenever I perform any admin level action. The smartscreen appears but only shows options of yes and no without requiring me to enter my password or scan my fingerprint. How do I change this? I can't even see the windows...