Windows 10: Why does some of the apps on my windows 10 laptop take more time to start ?

Discus and support Why does some of the apps on my windows 10 laptop take more time to start ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some of the apps on my windows 10 laptop e.g. Browsers, File Explorer, Virtual Box, Task Manager take more time to start than other apps e.g. Brackets,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abhay Rao, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Abhay Rao Win User

Why does some of the apps on my windows 10 laptop take more time to start ?

Some of the apps on my windows 10 laptop e.g. Browsers, File Explorer, Virtual Box, Task Manager take more time to start than other apps e.g. Brackets, VS Code ? I have4 GB RAM.

:)

Abhay Rao, Jun 27, 2020

2. Restart taking more time than a clean start. why?

Hi,

My Laptop: Sony Vaio E Series(intel i3-2310M, 2.10 GHz) running on windows 10 build 10586. Power On/ Start - It takes around 35sec to reach my Desktop (Including entering my 4digit pin) but when I tap on Restart while on Desktop, it takes almost 110 sec
    to see my Desktop again. Why??? 30+ sec more.... Generally To start 35sec and to Shutdown 35sec =70sec. what about more 40sec ??? Is 35sec optimum time to start laptop ???

KesariBabu, Jun 27, 2020
  3. My HP laptop takes a long time to wake up in Windows 10

Hi,

My laptop did not have this issue in Windows 8.1. My laptop is intel i7-2630 QM CPU @2.00 GHz.

It has 6 gb of installed memory and 64 bit operating system. zit is more than 3 years old. I don'tuse it for any heavy gaming or something.

I never had this issue before but with Windows 10 it takes a long time, more than a minute to wake up from sleep.

I did some preliminary stuff that is suggested in community but to no avail.

Does anyone know what may be the issue?

Thanks,

Sankar

SankarMukhopadhyay, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does some of the apps on my windows 10 laptop take more time to start ? - Similar Threads - Why does apps

2. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop takes time to respond?: Hello,Could anyone please help me understand why sometimes my laptop takes too long to respond? I thought it was because i had updates to make so I did them all but even thought sometimes it still takes alot to make a task open chrome or something.. I opened task manager and...
  3. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop takes time to respond?: Hello,Could anyone please help me understand why sometimes my laptop takes too long to respond? I thought it was because i had updates to make so I did them all but even thought sometimes it still takes alot to make a task open chrome or something.. I opened task manager and...
  4. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?: Hi, I'm trying to clear some space on my windows 11 laptop.I've run the usual "cleaning disk" and it didn't help at all. I've cleaned :C drive doesn't change a thing.I downloaded WinDirStat which scan the whole disk in detail and shows where are the biggest files and...
  6. Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Apps say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?: Hi, I'm trying to clear some space on my windows 11 laptop.I've run the usual "cleaning disk" and it didn't help at all. I've cleaned :C drive doesn't change a thing.I downloaded WinDirStat which scan the whole disk in detail and shows where are the biggest files and...
  7. window Taking more time to start or restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window Taking more time to start or restart: Hi, I've just installed Windows 10 update, and everything is good, but it takes too long to boot... first it shows Windows logo, and loading, that lasts for about 5 seconds, and then the black screen appears and stays like that for 50sec. Then I log into my account, ..... i...
  8. Windows 10 shutdown takes more time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutdown takes more time: Hi, When I installed windows 10 a month back, it used to shutdown/login very quicky but since from a week, the shutdown is taking more time. Monitors are getting turned off but the system is taking too long to shutdown completely. I'm not sure if this is because of the...
  9. How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10?: How to find the time it takes for an app to start from the time the app icon is clicked on Start Menu or Task bar in Windows 10? Actually, they start practically immediately, but I'd like to know, how to check the time it takes. Thanks!...
  10. my windows update is taking more time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows update is taking more time: my windows update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 ) is taking longer time.Its getting stuck at 86%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-update-is-taking-more-time/8ef33fc2-092d-46ea-8524-8424250af4d1