Windows 10: Why does startup take so long?

Discus and support Why does startup take so long? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KramdenAntiVirus, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Why does startup take so long?

After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything for ten minutes. Not even turn off the speaker. Not even get anything to happen by clicking on the start button. Spotify appeared on the screen but after numerous tries, the Internet did not. I had to unplug the computer (turning it off won't accomplish anything when it freezes or nothing is happening). When I plugged the computer in and turned it on, everything happened the way it normally does.

:)

KramdenAntiVirus, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Why does startup take so long?

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Why does startup take so long?

1. Why does startup take so long? - Similar Threads - Why does startup

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does my pc take so long to startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc take so long to startup?: After the windows 11 update on June 13th, my PC has taken an hour to startup. Every time I turn it on, I am greeted by what appears to be an empty console page with a glowing white underline. After that, I have to wait for the Msi logo to show up and it sits there without a...
  6. Why does my pc take so long to startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc take so long to startup?: After the windows 11 update on June 13th, my PC has taken an hour to startup. Every time I turn it on, I am greeted by what appears to be an empty console page with a glowing white underline. After that, I have to wait for the Msi logo to show up and it sits there without a...
  7. Why does windows update take so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does windows update take so long?: I have a Desktop computer, and on its Hard Drives, I have 3 Operating Sytems, 2 of them are Linux-based and Windows 10 is the third. Today I was on Windows to do a ZOOM meeting, and because Windows is not my daily OS, I went to shut windows and it said it had an update. so I...
  8. Why does it take so long to update?

Why does it take so long to update?: I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is...
  9. Why does install an update take so long

Why does install an update take so long: On my HP running Windows 10 1903 said I had to restart. I did now it is telling me not to turn off since it is working on updates. It has been at 19% for 1 hours. What is going on? I am on metering wifi and told it not to update. It changes things on its own. I didn't...
  10. Why does downloading a game take so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does downloading a game take so long?: Had just built a new computer because my old one did not have windows 10 and thought may as well full upgrade instead of just purchasing win10 purchased sea of thieves and now it has taken me 3 hours to do 2 Gbs My net speed is 2 megabytes a second on average It says that...