Windows 10: Why does storage space show incorrect used space?

Discus and support Why does storage space show incorrect used space? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Storage Space is telling me I'm using 7.26 TB of 7.26 TB on Storage space E: but everything else is telling me I'm only using 1.66 to 1.7 TB. Below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phillip2563, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Why does storage space show incorrect used space?

Storage Space is telling me I'm using 7.26 TB of 7.26 TB on Storage space E: but everything else is telling me I'm only using 1.66 to 1.7 TB.

Below is a collage of various utilities reporting storage usage as well as the result of a CHKDSK command. Based on other guidance I've found online I also ran "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" which completed successfully and "sfc /scannow" which completed successfully without finding any integrity violations. I also ran "vssadmin list shadowstorage" and it matches the values in the 'System Protection for Storage space E:' window. NOTE: While moving that window around I selected the "Disable system protection" button, this is actually turned on.

Why does storage space show incorrect used space?

Why does storage space show incorrect used space? 23b71112-2886-4024-ab45-2a8848b48368?upload=true.png

:)

Phillip2563, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Show storage space in This PC

Make sure you have the "Tiles" option selected in the "View" tab.

Why does storage space show incorrect used space? [​IMG]

joeypent69, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Why does storage space show incorrect used space?

Storage Spaces capacity error

Hi, Thanks for your response.

But this does not explain why 'storage spaces' says my pool is full and 'My PC' says i have 7.5 tb of space available?

'My PC' IS correct, 'storage spaces is incorrect. But 'storage spaces' will not let me add any new files/data.

I did run Disk cleanup like you suggested but there were no files to clean in the 'storage spaces' pool.

The pool is only used to store media files. Not OS.

Please help x

trickyricky1, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Why does storage space show incorrect used space?

1. Why does storage space show incorrect used space? - Similar Threads - Why does storage

2. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  3. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  4. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  5. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  6. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  7. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  8. Storage Spaces does not show "Change" option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces does not show "Change" option: After my Storage pool filled up, I was able to successfully add new drives, but the new "pool capacity" which does reflect in "Storage Spaces" 38.1TB does not reflect in Windows Explorer still showing 14.5TB. After searching online, I learned that this is likely because...
  9. Why does Storage Spaces show a different used capacity than Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Storage Spaces show a different used capacity than Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Clinqk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e45ft8/why_does_storage_spaces_show_a_different_used/
  10. Show storage space in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show storage space in This PC: I am really missing the ability to easily see how much storage space is left on each of my drives. Why is this not easily seen just by opening "This PC" like it was in Windows 7. It seems like I have to click on properties in order to see disk usage. Any way to get around...