Windows 10: why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ?

Discus and support why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; svchost.exe download/upload uses too much of my internet allowance. Why? How do I stop it or manage it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrahamPascoe, Apr 1, 2020.

1. why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ?

svchost.exe download/upload uses too much of my internet allowance.

Why?

How do I stop it or manage it?

:)

GrahamPascoe, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Apr 1, 2020
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Apr 1, 2020
  4. ex_reven Win User

why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ?

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ?

1. why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ? - Similar Threads - why does svchost

2. why does my pc overheat so much

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my pc overheat so much: I dont have that box thingy for my pc i use a all in one pcit overheats really quickly and i dont know if i can turn it off so it wont shut my pc off when it does itand how do i make it stop overheatting so much when i play certain games, well mostly games that are high...
  3. Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?: So, I'm using Microsoft Photos to view and sort through a bunch of pictures I have. And it always goes the same way. I'm going through the pictures, and at a random point, when I'm looking at a photo, it will suddenly jump back 7 photos ago to something I was looking at...
  4. Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?

Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?: So, I'm using Microsoft Photos to view and sort through a bunch of pictures I have. And it always goes the same way. I'm going through the pictures, and at a random point, when I'm looking at a photo, it will suddenly jump back 7 photos ago to something I was looking at...
  5. Why does win 10 suck so much ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does win 10 suck so much ****: Ur **** always has issues all 6 of my computers will now and forever use Linux mint.P.s go **** itself microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-win-10-suck-so-much/b9a6adbc-f510-40bc-9328-ecba65d4b868
  6. Why does win 10 suck so much ****

Why does win 10 suck so much ****: Ur **** always has issues all 6 of my computers will now and forever use Linux mint.P.s go **** itself microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-win-10-suck-so-much/b9a6adbc-f510-40bc-9328-ecba65d4b868
  7. why does bluetooth suck so much

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does bluetooth suck so much: bought a brand new computer that had bluetooth built in but it's complete, useless garbage. totally unusable. even when i'm right in front of the pc it's just constantly dropping audio and going fucking crazy isolating audio to one side then the other. bought a usb and it...
  8. Why does this take so much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does this take so much storage: [ATTACH] Why does it take so much space!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-take-so-much-storage/3402a448-26b1-4bcc-bdb2-8447ddd1d4fd
  9. Why does this take so much usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this take so much usage?: [ATTACH] As the title says, why? I never seen my ram been used this much before, think it was since the last Win10 update. https://preview.redd.it/ge43tu0klfs41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=f633ebd54bcbc42509259912732f289efb7c87da submitted by /u/MilkyMoo27...
  10. why does windows defender miss so much

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does windows defender miss so much: Im currently running win10 and got infested with updane 230 files and locations. and windows defender did not find 1 .. I ran it as a start up , full scan and nothing. I dont think Microsoft should not be pushing this as this is all you need.. I installed Malwarebytes and...