Windows 10: Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added?

Discus and support Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Version 10.0.17134.165 Starting with no Restore Points and 0 bytes used in System Protection I manually created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Office User ALG, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added?

Hello

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Version 10.0.17134.165

Starting with no Restore Points and 0 bytes used in System Protection I manually created one Restore Point (RP).

The one RP used 60.5MB. In three days no other RPs were created but the space used grew to 1.8GB.

I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the System Protection space was only used when new RPs were created.

I don't know if this is normal and have been unable to find any information on it.

Regards

ALG

:)

Office User ALG, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

My restore points are being deleted??!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

This issue can be caused if the maximum storage size limit is set to low

for your shadow storage.

To resolve this issue, adjust the maximum shadow storage allocation. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

1.Click Start, type System in the Search

box and then click System from the list under Control panel

2.Click System

protection in the task pane

3.Under Protection Settings click to select Local

Disk (CWhy does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added? :) (System) and then click Configure

4.Under Disk Space Usage, move

the Max Usage slider to the right to increase the disk space usage for System

Restore points

Note: If protection is turned on for additional drives you might consider

increasing the Max Usage for those drives as well.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Unable to save a Restore Point in Windows 10

Hello George,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that you are facing issues in creating a restore point on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed.

This issue can be caused if the maximum storage size limit is set to low for your shadow storage.

To resolve this issue, adjust the maximum shadow storage allocation. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Click Start, type System in the Search box and then click System from the list under Control panel

• Click System protection in the task pane

• Under Protection Settings click to select Local Disk (CWhy does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added? :) (System) and then click Configure

• Under Disk Space Usage, move the Max Usage slider to the right to increase the disk space usage for System Restore points

Note: If protection is turned on for additional drives you might consider increasing the Max Usage for those drives as well.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added?

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE DELETED MY RESTORE POINTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

This issue can be caused if the maximum storage size limit is set to low

for your shadow storage.

1.Click Start, type System in the Search

box and then click System from the list under Control panel

2.Click System

protection in the task pane

3.Under Protection Settings click to select Local

Disk (CWhy does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added? :) (System) and then click Configure

4.Under Disk Space Usage, move

the Max Usage slider to the right to increase the disk space usage for System

Restore points

Note: If protection is turned on for additional drives you might consider

increasing the Max Usage for those drives as well.

Thanks.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added?

1. Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added? - Similar Threads - Why does System

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. restore point not created, system protection not working

restore point not created, system protection not working: after a long refresh of windows 10 using media creation tool, WIndows version 21H1 build 19043.1052 is the result.Now creating a restore point hangs for ever, after taking for ever to find the drives and list for which drive protection is activated.Analyse wait chain shows...
  6. System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.

System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.: Hi, when I went to make a system restore point, with protection enabled, it showed a warning message exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle. The message said 'Using system protection on a drive that contains system image backups will cause other shadow copies to be deleted...
  7. Why does System Restore Current Usage grow w/o additional Rest. Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why does System Restore Current Usage grow w/o additional Rest. Points: Hi. Just curious. I have an HP Desktop running version 20H2 with a 256GB SSD for system (C:) and a 2TB Hard Drive (D:) for extra storage (which so far I don't use). On System Restore I have the D: drive turned off. and the C: drive turned on. I have the Max Usage for the C:...
  8. Windows Restore Point Disk Usage Keeps Increasing By the Second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Restore Point Disk Usage Keeps Increasing By the Second: Restore points keep increasing in size for no apparent reason. I keep noticing that all my restore points disappear and now I believe that it is because they grow over days and eat up all of the allocated space. I created one this morning and total Current Useage was around...
  9. System restore point has not been created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore point has not been created: computer is not working correctly so I attempted system restore but error message says there is no restore point created on MS10? How can I resolve this...
  10. When does ram usage increase?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When does ram usage increase?: Windows is using more memory than you think. The memory gauge doesn't show full memory usage. It was never meant to. If it did the value would be very high on most systems most of the time and that would be neither interesting or useful. To see full memory usage you need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does system restore increase in size